Newbie questions - First stay at PBH and can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovesHP!

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!
I just booked a stay at PBH for October in a club level king room. A few questions (since I have not stayed here before):
1) Everyone in the room receives a key and takes it to the park as the EP, correct?
2) Does the club level lounge require everyone to have a key or some sort of band, or can a group go in together? I have heard of people "sneaking" into the lounge and was wondering how they allow only those that have paid for club level to have access.
3) Can I take beverages and food back to my room?
4) Is the water taxi wait reasonable?
Really looking forward to our trip!
Thank you in advance for answers!

Hi I just stayed there a couple of weeks ago and was at club level. It was awesome.

Yes everyone receives a key for the ep for the parks.

However, with the club level we only got two cards, one for me and one for my DH. I had two teens with us so either they accompanied us or took our keys. There are associates who stand at the door for breakfast and dinner and ask for your name, how many in your party and room key. This is a very good way of making sure people just don't walk in. Most of the time we did walk in together if not, the kids had one of our keys. When the lounge is open for snacks only it will be locked and you will need a key to get in. There are desks right near the door and usually someone is sitting there monitoring who comes in. I really felt like they will keep track and know if you are not part of the lounge.

Yes you can take beverages and snacks back to the room.

The water taxi can be a bit busy for early entry. I think the most we waited each morning was about 15 minutes for a boat. We were only able to ride the boat back once in the afternoon due to storms. We had to take the buses.

I am sure what you have heard is true about people sneaking in. I thought of that myself knowing that I paid a significant portion for this benefit and would be upset if people broke the rules. Personally I did not witness it and hope never too. I would think that there would be consequences to someone if they were caught.

The resort is big but beautiful make sure you walk around. If you would like you can check out my trip report thread on it. https://www.disboards.com/threads/another-great-trip-to-report-yay-june-july-2018.3693961/page-2

Also check out the Portofino Bay hotel information thread. There is a menu I posted on some of the meal offerings a couple of weeks ago.

We loved PBH and club level and can't wait to stay there again! Enjoy!

Good morning! Thank you for your response. We are so excited about staying at PBH and will definitely keep our club level. I took a look at your trip report as well as the PBH info thread - so much valuable information. I really enjoyed your pictures.

I've been searching through various reviews and websites about my questions above, but everything seemed so dated, so I really appreciate your info. We're looking forward to exploring the grounds and taking the water taxi. I also like that the resort is far enough away from the parks so that we don't hear the coasters, etc. I prefer to be away from the parks once I leave. We decided to hit the parks for a few days and then spend some days relaxing at the resort and checking out the other resorts, as we've only stayed at Cabana Bay quite a few years ago.

We can't wait for our vacation! Always good to have something to look forward to.

Happy Friday!

We decided to hit the parks for a few days and then spend some days relaxing at the resort and checking out the other resorts, as we've only stayed at Cabana Bay quite a few years ago.

Based on those plans it sounds like PBH Club Level is perfect for you! We've done it three or four times and can't wait to return in 2019.

Good morning! Thank you for your response. We are so excited about staying at PBH and will definitely keep our club level. I took a look at your trip report as well as the PBH info thread - so much valuable information. I really enjoyed your pictures.

I've been searching through various reviews and websites about my questions above, but everything seemed so dated, so I really appreciate your info. We're looking forward to exploring the grounds and taking the water taxi. I also like that the resort is far enough away from the parks so that we don't hear the coasters, etc. I prefer to be away from the parks once I leave. We decided to hit the parks for a few days and then spend some days relaxing at the resort and checking out the other resorts, as we've only stayed at Cabana Bay quite a few years ago.

We can't wait for our vacation! Always good to have something to look forward to.

Happy Friday!

You're welcome. I am glad you checked out my report! I hope you have a great trip and please come back and share it in our trip reports!

Since I can't start my own post yet or not sure how I am going to tag off this one. When my family and I travel long distances I travel with my ccw. ( I ha e all required documents with me), but I can't find any info on any of the Lowe's policy on wepons being stored in the room. I know and read the park rules ( no weapons), but what about the hotel? Do you store it in your vehicle (would rather not), hotel security (better then car) or your room safe?

Edit: So in case anyone else has this question the answer is when you check in at the desk you let them know. The will have a security guard meet with you and deposit it into a safe in their security room. You must provide proof of permit or LEO credential. Free of charge for your stay.

Last edited:

I can't find any info about Loews allowing firearms in the hotels.

Suggest you send them an email and they would be able to give you a direct answer.

Anyone can use the hotel lobby safe.
I have used it before for items I did not want to put in my inroom safe

Assuming you are staying at PBH as you posted in the thread.
Maybe just as easy and quick to call PBH or email them

I have heard of people "sneaking" into the lounge

Interesting. I’ve never seen anything about that. And I can’t inagine how. The stuff are very good about getting to know who is allowed to be there and who they are traveling with.

I believe the op has received answers to his/her question.

We do not discuss ways to circumvent policies of the hotels, so closing this thread now.

Asking about how to do "sneaking into" a hotel or club lounge is not a subject we want on the UO boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter