Newbie question about DVC discounts and tickets...

Bertie131

DIS Veteran
First, is there a current list somewhere of the discounts my membership will offer once I get to WDW? Second, do you usually buy your tickets directly from Disney or go somewhere like Undercover Tourist? I am a little anxious about buying somewhere other than Disney. Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks so much!:)

I just made it a habit to ask if they have discount for DVC members. I've seen a list for Disney Visa card but not for DVC.

For DVC, I only saw a list of perks on member's website.

As for tickets, we get them from Undercover Tourist via Mousesaver Newsletter. Basically, you sign up to their monthly newsletter and they send you a link to Undercover Tourist which has prices lower than going to Undercover Tourist directly.

Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it. So no one has had problems with Undercover Tourist? I have this vision of trying to get thru the park gates and the cast member saying the tickets are not valid. I assume I am overreacting? :confused3

Bertie131 said:
Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it. So no one has had problems with Undercover Tourist? I have this vision of trying to get thru the park gates and the cast member saying the tickets are not valid. I assume I am overreacting? :confused3

Undercover Tourist is an authorized Disney ticket reseller. They get the tickets directly from Disney.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes you are, they are a authorized Disney reseller that we have used for years. Great service and their prices includes sales tax.

:earsboy: Bill

Have used UC in the past, no problem. I always scan a copy of the tickets and email them to myself. If for some reason they go MIA, I can always get the numbers ont he tickets from my email.

We've used UT for several years with no problems. We always use them, they have great prices, especially when you go through the mousesavers link!

First, is there a current list somewhere of the discounts my membership will offer once I get to WDW? Second, do you usually buy your tickets directly from Disney or go somewhere like Undercover Tourist? I am a little anxious about buying somewhere other than Disney. Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks so much!:)

You will need to check with each trip what perks are current.....they do change.

My favorite right now is the Tables in Wonderland card. You buy it for $100 dollars (75 if you are an AP holder) and you receive 20% off most of the restaurants including any alcohol purchases.

k3chantal said:
You will need to check with each trip what perks are current.....they do change.

My favorite right now is the Tables in Wonderland card. You buy it for $100 dollars (75 if you are an AP holder) and you receive 20% off most of the restaurants including any alcohol purchases.

The prices for the TiW card increased on 12/1/2012 now AP Holders and DVC Members pay $100, FL Residents pay $125.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter