Newbie Here!

Canadi-Lynne

Missing my happy place!
Hello everyone! My name is Lynne and I am a newbie to the forums! I live in Western Canada and I have always been a Disney fan but my first trip to a Disney park was Disneyland in September/October 2018. As a child we couldn't afford to take a vacation like that and my parents didn't drive so that wasn't an option either. Our oldest son has high functioning autism, so he just couldn't handle a trip when he was younger due to the sensory overload. We were finally able to make the voyage when he was 16 years old and our youngest was 13. It was nothing like I expected and everything I could have dreamed of! We left a bit of our hearts in Disneyland that trip and I have been Disney obsessed ever since! I simply can't get enough! We were going to go back this year to celebrate two big milestones in our family (should actually be in the park right now) but it wasn't to be (thanks Covid🙄). Hoping to make the journey next year with this pandemic firmly behind us. I'm so happy to have found the forums where I can share my love of this happy place!

Hello everyone! My name is Lynne and I am a newbie to the forums! I live in Western Canada and I have always been a Disney fan but my first trip to a Disney park was Disneyland in September/October 2018. As a child we couldn't afford to take a vacation like that and my parents didn't drive so that wasn't an option either. Our oldest son has high functioning autism, so he just couldn't handle a trip when he was younger due to the sensory overload. We were finally able to make the voyage when he was 16 years old and our youngest was 13. It was nothing like I expected and everything I could have dreamed of! We left a bit of our hearts in Disneyland that trip and I have been Disney obsessed ever since! I simply can't get enough! We were going to go back this year to celebrate two big milestones in our family (should actually be in the park right now) but it wasn't to be (thanks Covid🙄). Hoping to make the journey next year with this pandemic firmly behind us. I'm so happy to have found the forums where I can share my love of this happy place!

Hi Lynne! I live in the UK and there's no way my family could have afforded any luxury holiday when we were growing up. The most we did is visit beaches around the UK or maybe a day at a theme park or camping.

My first Disney trip was Disney Land Paris last November (at the age of 35). In some ways, I think we appreciate it more as an adult. And it's great to revisit those feelings of magic and wonder! Right? You're never too old!

Happy planning for your 2021 trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!