Newbie February 2022 Trip for Harry Potter

Matty B13

DIS Veteran
Hello, I'm a DVC owner who is looking to add on a 2 to 3 day trip to Universal to visit the Harry Potter Park with my 3 girls who are really into HP right now. Just looking for the best place to stay along with getting the most out of the express pass and tickets. We are planning a trip to Walt Disney World in February of 2022. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks.

The Hard Rock future rock star suites are fun and have an additional pullout sofa for your youngest. The deluxe queen rooms also have a pullout sofa for a family of five. I suggest you get at least one seasonal pass for the hotel discounts.

The Hard Rock future rock star suites are fun and have an additional pullout sofa for your youngest. The deluxe queen rooms also have a pullout sofa for a family of five. I suggest you get at least one seasonal pass for the hotel discounts.
How many days should we plan on, 2 or 3 days? Thanks for the advice on the resort.

We did two last time and wished for three so are doing that at the end of our upcoming DVC stay. My son loves HP, my daughter loves the thrill rides, so we divided and conquered some. We did splurge on a wand, which he loved, and I think this time I might surprise him with some Ravenclaw gear as the robes on site are lovely but insanely expensive. I don’t know that you’d need a wand for each kid as they only can do spells one at a time unless they split up. Allow time to just putter and explore-the first day we got there our teenager slept til 1 so my son and I finally left and went and explored on our own in Diagon Alley and it was such a wonderful couple of hours.

I recommend at least 3 full park days for your first trip. It takes a day to get a good feel for each park, and the third day to re-do your favorites. You'll continually notice new details each time through the parks. We had an 8-day split day trip over Thanksgiving and the kids still wanted to stay longer.

All of the deluxe hotels are great, but "the best" one is a very personal choice. We love the theme of PBH, but HRH is so close and the walk is very nice. RPR rooms are bit small for our family of 4.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-i-plan-a-universal-trip.3794121/great post for planning. I will add that my family prefers Hard Rock club level. So many perks that just add to the laid back feeling of the whole Universal experience! Really with the express pass staying at Hard Rock you could go with 0 plans and still see it all! Indo love to plan though, these boards extend my vacation for months, thinking of all we will do. We usually do 4 nights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter