New York City / NY / Brooklyn / CT / Northern NJ Anyone?

We are going to WDW on the 14th so we would like to meet up before then. My son got a lot of cool things from THE DIS that he would like to share. Please let me know what day everyone plans to meet:cheer2:

I'm VERY interested, too!!! I live in Jersey but it's quick for me to get there & I've always wanted to go to Alfredo's!!! We should probably try & pick a date & time that the Disney store is definitely open so we can go there, too.

Hi all! Well, it's nice to see some buzz on this forum!! So let's try this: I'll throw out a date and a time and see what kind of responses I get. How about:

Alfredo's of Rome - 4 W49th St. between 5th & 6th Avenues
Saturday, August 4 at 3:30pm

It's before the dinner crowd arrives, it should allow out-of-towners time to get in (and to get home!) and should let us walk up to the World of Disney store on 5th Avenue (before or afterwards).

Let me know how that sounds! Oh -- and if you plan on attending, let me know how many people will be with you!

Well so far I have the following confirmations:

QuantumSheep - 1
scottny - 1
KatGarcia - 2
disneypryncess - 1

C'mon people, I know that more of you expressed an interest ... ! GOVAC24? Roxy217? cinderella73? Simbee3? TLinden16? tap & dap? RickinNYC? reggiemcp? MUFFYCAT? Where is everyone?

Let me know if you can attend!!

-QS

:thumbsup2 I think that the date and time are great, I just need to double check with hubby as his birthday is two days after. He should be home in couple of hours.
Also, is anyone bringing their children? And are we planning on also going to the World of Disney NYC?

This sounds great.

And is the menu the same as it is in Epcot? Or is there anywhere on the web that I can find it?

Thanks sorry for all for all of the questions.

I didnt realize that there was a decided on date. I really would LOVE to go. I love going into the city and would love to meet everyone. But Aug 4th might not work. :sad2: I am going to see what I can do but I am supposed to be helping a friend with her party that day. I am not ruling it out completly yet though. Gotta see what I can work out. It sounds like sooo much fun though! If I cant make it please take lots of pics so I can feel like I went. :guilty:

Hi all! As far as children, I assumed this would be an "anyone welcome" lunch/dinner ... any thoughts on that? I imagine that would make it easier for more people to go since people wouldn't have to find babysitters, etc ... let me ask all of you, would you be more in favor of children included or "adults only"?

Menus are indeed online at Alfredo's website: http://www.alfredos.com/menus/nylunchdinner.html

I am sure a trip to World of Disney would be in order after we eat!! :mickeybar

:thumbsup2 I think that the date and time are great, I just need to double check with hubby as his birthday is two days after. He should be home in couple of hours.
Also, is anyone bringing their children? And are we planning on also going to the World of Disney NYC?

This sounds great.

And is the menu the same as it is in Epcot? Or is there anywhere on the web that I can find it?

Thanks sorry for all for all of the questions.

Hi all! As far as children, I assumed this would be an "anyone welcome" lunch/dinner ... any thoughts on that? I imagine that would make it easier for more people to go since people wouldn't have to find babysitters, etc ... let me ask all of you, would you be more in favor of children included or "adults only"?

Menus are indeed online at Alfredo's website: http://www.alfredos.com/menus/nylunchdinner.html

I am sure a trip to World of Disney would be in order after we eat!! :mickeybar

I def see no problems with people bringing their children! It would hopefully get more people to come out! So whats the count up to now?? Maybe another thread of the date and time would be helpful in getting more people?!

Well, with Simbee3 on board, the tally looks like this:

More or less confirmed:
QuantumSheep - 1
scottny - 1
KatGarcia - 2
disneypryncess - 1
Simbee3 - 5? (I assume the whole family is coming?)

Not sure yet:
cinderella73

I'm going to make reservations today and I'll post the results. Maybe I'll try to make a reservation for 15 in case there are stragglers (and I can always reduce it later if necessary).

Anyone else? OVAC24? Roxy217? TLinden16? tap & dap? RickinNYC? reggiemcp? MUFFYCAT?

Well, with Simbee3 on board, the tally looks like this:

More or less confirmed:
QuantumSheep - 1
scottny - 1
KatGarcia - 2
disneypryncess - 1
Simbee3 - 5? (I assume the whole family is coming?)

Not sure yet:
cinderella73

I'm going to make reservations today and I'll post the results. Maybe I'll try to make a reservation for 15 in case there are stragglers (and I can always reduce it later if necessary).

Anyone else? OVAC24? Roxy217? TLinden16? tap & dap? RickinNYC? reggiemcp? MUFFYCAT?

So, it's this Saturday at 3:30pm at Alfredo's? Might be able to make it. Can someone confirm?

Details for late lunch at Alfredo's of Rome, Rockefeller Center, New York City

Reservation for 8 CONFIRMED for Saturday, August 4 at 2:00pm
*** 2 slots left!! ***

OK everyone -- please note the time change!!! I made a reservation for 8 (that's 2 more than have confirmed so far), but the closest seating they had was at 2PM. There were absolutely no seatings available for any parties larger than 8 people so that's the best I could do.

Please let me know if this works for you!!

More or less confirmed:
QuantumSheep - 1
scottny - 1
KatGarcia - 2
disneypryncess - 1
Simbee3 - 1

Not sure yet:
cinderella73
RickinNYC

Anyone else? OVAC24? Roxy217? TLinden16? tap & dap? reggiemcp? MUFFYCAT?

Details for late lunch at Alfredo's of Rome, Rockefeller Center, New York City

Reservation for 8 CONFIRMED for Saturday, August 4 at 2:00pm
*** 2 slots left!! ***

OK everyone -- please note the time change!!! I made a reservation for 8 (that's 2 more than have confirmed so far), but the closest seating they had was at 2PM. There were absolutely no seatings available for any parties larger than 8 people so that's the best I could do.

Please let me know if this works for you!!

More or less confirmed:
QuantumSheep - 1
scottny - 1
KatGarcia - 2
disneypryncess - 1
Simbee3 - 1

Not sure yet:
cinderella73
RickinNYC

Anyone else? OVAC24? Roxy217? TLinden16? tap & dap? reggiemcp? MUFFYCAT?

Any idea what you all might be doing afterwards? I can likely meet you guys if you plan on going for a cocktail or to wander the streets or somethign.

Unfortunately we are going to have to bow out of lunch but we would love to meet up with you all at the Disney Store! If lunch is at 2pm then u'd prob be at the store around 330 or so right? we could set up meet #2 at the entrance to the store??? Any takers?

I was just notified of an availability at 5PM on Saturday. Does this work better for more people? I already snagged the reservation so now I have both of them held (2 pm and 5 pm). There are options for wine or cocktails afterwards as well but maybe we can play that by ear.

So .... 5PM? Better? Do-able? Let me know your thoughts!
pluto:

Hello all!

I have had a couple of people change their availability from "definitely" to "maybe" and I haven't heard from anyone regarding the choice of times (2pm vs. 5pm) in 2 days now ... since Saturday is only two days away and so many people are still up in the air, I'm going to go ahead and cancel both reservations if I don't hear from more people by the end of work (5pm Eastern Time) today -- after all, I don't want to be the only one who shows up for a reservation for 8 people!! :)

Still hope to hear from you -- and if not, we'll go for a different day, perhaps in September ...

Have a Disney Day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter