New years

MK, HS, and EPCOT all have special fireworks and dance parties throughout the night. EPCOT has dance parties spread throughout the different countries. They give away hats and noise makers. I have been to both MK and EPCOT for new years eve and I prefer MK but that's just me especially since I don't drink, there is a lot more drinking at EPCOT then MK.

Thank that sounds good we are not drinkers either so mk might be the best idea

We chose to do MK on the 30th, because they have "Wishes" at regular time, and the "Fantasy in the Sky" NYE fireworks on the 30th AND 31st! Then we spent ALL DAY at Epcot on 31st, for the special holiday "Illuminations" and midnight countdown.

The parks have a history of reaching capacity, and having the gates temporarily closed at times on these super-busy days. So we did rope-drop to closing, just to be sure we were in. That schedule made for a rough couple days!

The dance parties in MK were fun, very family friendly, as you would expect -- bubbles, streamers, characters dancing with the guests, etc. The ones we saw in Epcot had more of a club-type atmosphere as far as thumping dance music and laser lights. But we saw very few partiers out of control. The noisemakers REALLY made an impact all evening, though!:headache:

Just be prepared for EPIC crowds whichever park you choose, and you'll have a blast!:wizard:

Thank that sounds good we are not drinkers either so mk might be the best idea

If you're going to go to MK, you'll need to get there early and plan on staying all day, MK will hit a stage 4 closure well before noon.

Although it is true that MK does hit capacity and closes early people come and go all day long. We have gone for the past 6 or so years and have never had any trouble getting in being passholders. Normally we don't get there until 5pm. Even though many times there will be signs up saying MK is closed we go up to the gate anyway and have always been allowed in. Maybe they hold spots for resort guests and passholders, I don't know. Have fun wherever you decide to go.

Although it is true that MK does hit capacity and closes early people come and go all day long. We have gone for the past 6 or so years and have never had any trouble getting in being passholders. Normally we don't get there until 5pm. Even though many times there will be signs up saying MK is closed we go up to the gate anyway and have always been allowed in. Maybe they hold spots for resort guests and passholders, I don't know. Have fun wherever you decide to go.

Sort of. There are 5 stages of closing:

Stage Zero - Due to limited available parking, Guests may be directed to alternate parking areas where they will use Resort transportation to travel to the park of their choice.

Stage 1 - At this stage each Guest in a vehicle must have a valid multi-day ticket. Also Guests with a Park Hopper or re-entering the Park, by showing a currently dated Parking Receipt, will be allowed in. Also, any Guests using Disney transportation are allowed.

Stage 2 - At this stage, Theme Park admission is limited to Disney Resort Guests*, Annual and Premium Annual Passholders, Guests with Park Hopper tickets crossing over from another Park, Guests re-entering this Park today. Guests with written confirmation of reservations for Dining or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League within one hour are also admitted. Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted. Guests not meeting the above criteria are told the Theme Park has reached capacity.

Stage 3 - At this stage, Theme Park admission is limited to Disney Resort Guests*, Annual and Premium Annual Passholders. Guests with written confirmation of reservations for Dining or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League within one hour are also admitted.

Stage 4 - Nobody is allowed in.

Also, if you are staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort and have a ticket, you are guaranteed entry into A park. Not necessarily the one you want (unless you want to go into AK). And if you have entered and left a park and do not have a hopper you may not get into anything.

*Guests of WDW Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green at the Walt Disney World Resort are considered part of this group for Stages 2 and 3. In addition, Guests from Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus are included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter