New Years in Disney

MICKEY1024

Mouseketeer
What are tips and traditions for New Year's Eve in the parks. This is our first trip during the holiday season going dec 27-Jan 7th. What do you do on New Years, where do you eat ect... TIA

My biggest advice is to do MK on the 30th since they do their NYE fireworks on the 30th and 31st. So you'll get to see MK's fireworks without dealing with the NYE crowds. Then doing Epcot on NYE night.

Planning your fast passes is key as well as your dining options. Prepare for huge lines and take breaks when you need to

My biggest advice is to do MK on the 30th since they do their NYE fireworks on the 30th and 31st. So you'll get to see MK's fireworks without dealing with the NYE crowds. Then doing Epcot on NYE night.

Planning your fast passes is key as well as your dining options. Prepare for huge lines and take breaks when you need to

This! MK 12/30, Epcot 12/31. It's the best. One tip I have is to check out Soarin and Test Track immediately after the midnight countdown fireworks. When we went everyone booked it out of the parks after the fireworks and we walked on both rides while we let the park clear out. We had already gone on them earlier but it was a nice bonus.

We had an ADR at Le Cellier. It was a chilly night and that was perfect. We weren't obsessed with getting on lots of rides but got on way more than we expected. It was fun to just enjoy the energy and festivities. Have fun!!

This is exactly what we did this past NYE. Mk for their pre NYE fireworks with dinner at Crystal Palace. Then Epcot for NYE~~had breakfast at the Garden Grill and dinner for 8pm at the Biergarten. Worked out perfectly even got a FP+ for FEA LOL.

This was the 2nd time we did Epcot for NYE and it's always so much fun and festive.

Just be forewarned that it took us 3 yes three hours to get out of the parking lot in the preferred section too. Never again!
The year before my DD and i walked to the boardwalk and got a taxi back to our hotel. But this time my DH said we'll just park in the lot:sad2::headache:
Thankfully they left the bathrooms open:love:

Sorry to get off topic but yes definitely Epcot for NYE.:yay:

This is exactly what we did this past NYE. Mk for their pre NYE fireworks with dinner at Crystal Palace. Then Epcot for NYE~~had breakfast at the Garden Grill and dinner for 8pm at the Biergarten. Worked out perfectly even got a FP+ for FEA LOL.

This was the 2nd time we did Epcot for NYE and it's always so much fun and festive.

Just be forewarned that it took us 3 yes three hours to get out of the parking lot in the preferred section too. Never again!
The year before my DD and i walked to the boardwalk and got a taxi back to our hotel. But this time my DH said we'll just park in the lot:sad2::headache:
Thankfully they left the bathrooms open:love:

Sorry to get off topic but yes definitely Epcot for NYE.:yay:

What time did you leave the park that night?

We went to Epcot for NYE to ring in 2016 and were parked fairly near the front as we stayed there all day and it probably took us about 45 min to get out of there. We watched from Morocco and headed out right when the fireworks ended

we left right at midnite~~ traffic was at a complete standstill. we were finally able to turn around and went out another way. :scared1:

What are you even thoughts on getting dinning reservations. Are they harder to get on the 30th and 31st than other
Times at the parks

What are you even thoughts on getting dinning reservations. Are they harder to get on the 30th and 31st than other
Times at the parks
Just as hard as any other busy time. You probably won't get Rose and Crown or La Hacienda de San Angel for NYE, but you never know. You need to stalk reservations like it's your job to get what you really want. When I made my reservations for the 31st, there were loads of ADRs available. Even the ones mentioned, but not after 10pm.

If you opt to do MK on the 30th, they most likely with have EMH into the wee hours of morning. I would either arrive at rope drop and spend the afternoon napping in my room before going back in the early evening or first arriving late in the afternoon. All this depends on your length of stay, resort location.

Times at the parks
We started looking for NYE reservations in October. I managed to snag a Rose and Crown reservation for late afternoon. Beyond that there wasn't much left. I didn't notice any cancellations at Epcot the day before, like there normally is either.

I am planning a trip 12/30-1/7. I figure we will probably do QS somewhere in Future World or at Boardwalk or Beach Club. We will be staying at Saratoga Springs. How bad will the bus lines be after midnight? Anyone have a guess how long it will take to get "home" to Saratoga that night?

We've done MK on 12/30 and will definitely do it again this year. The fireworks are awesome and they had a DJ dance party in front of the castle. It was a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter