New Year's Eve Cruise - Sell Out?

TxT365

1st Cruise 12/3/2016
We want to be on one of the ships for my wife's birthday, which is New Year's Eve, in 2023.

I know these schedules are not out yet, but what are the thoughts of trying to get a VGT room? Do NYE cruises typically sell out before they get to the GT sales?

We are also considering the possibility of a B2B cruise, Dec/Jan probably out of Miami instead of a 7 day out of Port Canaveral. I know they won't post the January 2024 cruises for awhile yet. What are the chances of a doing a 4-5 day cruise over NYE and a 2nd 4-5 day cruise in January. (I see this is a possibility for the 2022/2023 schedule so I presume there will be this option for 2023/2024.)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Trish

It is doubtful that they will have any discount *GT rates for a cruise over NYE as all schools are out between Christmas and NYE and those cruises are some of the most expensive ones because of that. A January cruise has a better chance of a discount rate though, but it likely won't come out until 60 days before the cruise.

I'm bumping this to see if anyone has anything else to add. I'd love to do a DCL cruise this December over NYE. I'm based in Texas and currently there are a good number of staterooms still available for the NYE cruise out of Galveston.

I know that it seems like a long shot, BUT, in May of 2013 we did an 8 night cruise, on the Disney Magic. One stop in WDW (with park hoppers to ALL of the parks), one stop in Castaway, one stop in Key West all for just $2400 because they were really, really, trying to sell those cruises last minute in Texas! I had heard it on the radio in April and booked within a few days of hearing it. Yes, it'll never happen again, but it was SO last minute that I can't help but think that maybe some last minute cruises are deeply discounted during these Covid days. Lots of Texans aren't vaccinated for Covid and therefore, a lot of the Texan clientele isn't able to cruise on DCL.

Edited to add this snippit of it in case anyone is interested in the itinerary. I booked a level 1, inside room because we all, very unfortunately, get sooo sea sick in the Gulf waters:

NEW: Eight-night Bahamas sailings include a day at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay; and a stop at Port Canaveral, Fla., giving guests an opportunity to visit the nearby Walt Disney World Resort. As part of this itinerary, each guest will receive a one-day Walt Disney World Park Hopper ticket and roundtrip transportation between their Disney ship and the resort.

Ports: Galveston, Castaway Cay, Port Canaveral, Key West

Departure dates: Jan. 18, Feb. 15, March 1, 29, April 26, May 10

Rates start at $960 per person for eight-night cruises to Castaway Cay and Florida departing from Galveston for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

OP - here's to you and I wishing!:tink:

That's awesome! Now, I just have to wait for the Winter 2023 dates to be released!

I see you there, MsOnceUponATime!

Trish

Glad I’m not the only one watching for additional VGT rates to come out. We are thinking of a late January or early February 7 night out of PC. With all the great *GT rates for the fall, hoping it continues into the new year.

We did a New Years cruise on the Magic in 2003/04. 7 Day Eastern. The ship was PACKED but it was a great trip. No experience with VGT, but we booked a Deluxe Outside Stateroom on deck 3 and 10 days before our cruise we were upgraded to a Veranda on Deck 7 for free. The book rate for that stateroom was $1,000 more than we paid. And while we used the veranda, even my kids said they didn't think it would have been worth the extra $1,000 if we had to pay for the upgrade.

I know these schedules are not out yet, but what are the thoughts of trying to get a VGT room? Do NYE cruises typically sell out before they get to the GT sales?
Our first cruise was a GT cruise over New Year's 2015/2016. I'm currently booked for a GT cruise over this coming Thanksgiving. I took a GT cruise over spring break earlier this year. We took a GT cruise during Christmas week in 2017. Holiday GT rates certainly happen. As with all GT rates, it's luck of the draw and all about how much that cruise is booking.

Some people assume that only off-season goes GT, but that is incorrect. I think sometimes DCL overprices holiday cruises so much that they just don't get enough takers, so they go GT. And of course, due to Covid there are a lot more GT cruises than ever before. But as my history indicates, holiday cruises did go GT even before Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter