new years eve celebration for kids

dgomez17

Earning My Ears
Hi There!
I'm a teacher and tomorrow I will be having a holiday celebration with book club and news team (4th and 5th graders). Our plan is to have a "Countdown to New Years" with them. We have appetizers for the food, apple juice in champagne cups for the drinks, and some festive party hats/tiaras/noisemakers. I'd like to include some fairly easy, inexpensive activities - we have about 27 kids. Any ideas? I'd also love to project a new years countdown but haven't been able to find an appropriate video...
Thanks!
Dee:cool2:

For a countdown, how about doing a powerpoint 10 second countdown? You could add Auld Lang Syne in the last slide, or just play it at the end. I'm thinking of game ideas...LOL I have a part with my Chorus kids on Wednesday, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades! So I'm in the same boat! :rotfl2:

Noise makers, make funny hats and wear them during the countdown, take LOTS of pictures (do you have a printer for digital pictures you could use and print them out as take home favors?)

Address the kissing at midnight issue also. Set some rules!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter