new wine package?

blueswoman

Earning My Ears
I had read somewhere on the board about a week ago that they had changed the wine selections on the wine package. Is there a link anywhere that will show me exactly what wines and explain what teh package is?? Also, we are travelling with 6 adults. Does each couple have to pay for their own wine package or can one couple just order extra bottles each time for the rest of the table?

Thanks for info!:wave2:

The wine package is different for the 3/4 night cruise on the Wonder and the 7 night cruise on the Magic. You can find some updated info on the packages <a href="http://www.castawayclub.com/">here</a>.

Each wine package is sold as an allotted number of bottles. For the three-night cruise you can pick any three bottles, for the four-night cruise you can pick any four, and for the seven-night cruise you can select any seven. They don't place a limit of one bottle per night, so, if you wanted to share the package with each couple at your table, you could order multiple bottles for one night. Say, you order three bottles the first night and three the second, you would have one bottle left for the remainder of the cruise. Of course, you could order multiple wine packages. The packages do end up being a better deal than purchasing bottles individually.

Anyone have any more specifics on the wines on the premium package? I'm especially interested in the year....

Can you bring any unfinished wine back to your cabin? Do they charge for re-corking?

Thanks
diana

We got the premium wine package on our 7 day Magic Cruise last week and it was VERY similar if not identical to the 3 day Wonder package in the list that ThreeCircle's links too. This is the first time we have gotten the wine package as we weren't too wild about the selections before.
We were very glad we got the package.. a couple of notes...
I can't answer the recorking question because we never had any leftovers :)
I know that they will recork it for you and save it for the next nite.
The Banfi Brachetto sparkling wine is excellent but on the sweet side.
You can "upgrade" these bottles. Some of the waiters were raving about a "Far Niente Chardonnay", we ordered a bottle at Palo and they gave us a 34 dollar credit towards it. It was awesome

Originally posted by Alex
We got the premium wine package on our 7 day Magic Cruise last week and it was VERY similar if not identical to the 3 day Wonder package in the list that ThreeCircle's links too. This is the first time we have gotten the wine package as we weren't too wild about the selections before.
We were very glad we got the package.. a couple of notes...
I can't answer the recorking question because we never had any leftovers :)
I know that they will recork it for you and save it for the next nite.
The Banfi Brachetto sparkling wine is excellent but on the sweet side.
You can "upgrade" these bottles. Some of the waiters were raving about a "Far Niente Chardonnay", we ordered a bottle at Palo and they gave us a 34 dollar credit towards it. It was awesome

Thanks Alex and 3circles for replying. I appreciate all the information!

I didn't know you could upgrade. That would help, as I'm not
thrilled with the regular list or even with the "premium" list.]
Hopefully there are better wines in the upgrade/reserve list. We are bringing several of our own to enjoy in the cabin (I already bubblewrapped them) :)

We just got off the 7 day Eastern. We were traveling as a family group of 12 (7 adults 5 kids). I'm not a wine drinker but my partner is.

I don't have the details as to what wines were available but I can tell you a bit about how it worked.

We signed up for the wine package at a table outside Topsiders our first afternoon on-board. We filled out a slip with our stateroom number, dinner seating information etc. It was explained that the actual charge for the package would be processed at dinner that night by our assistant server.

That night at dinner our assistant server knew that we had ordered the wine package and explained it in greater detail to my partner. We wanted to allow others in our to order wine off the package if we weren't at dinner, we explained this to our assistant server and there was no problem with that.

If a bottle was not finished we were given the option of taking it back to the room with us or they would recork it and bring it to dinner the next night, no charge.

I believe that it could also be arranged to have the bottle brought up to Palo or from Palo to the dinning room, but we never did this.

They emphasized how flexible it was, you got seven bottles. They said that if we wanted to order seven bottles unopened and take them all back to the room .. no problem. We got seven bottles and it was up to us as to when to order them and what to do with them.

Blueswoman--

I'm sure that you'll be quite pleased with the reserve wine list as it is very extensive. I ordered a chardonnay off of the list (and can't quite recall the name) but it was probably the best chardonnay I've ever had. The reserve list is expensive (I think my chardonnay ran about $92, or so, and the bottles go up to about $300) but it was very much worth it! Now, if I could only remember the name! :)

And, if you're any kind of champagne drinker, you'll have to try Disney's Fairy Tale Cuvee (Iron Horse). I think it gives Moet a run for its money!

Originally posted by ThreeCircles
Blueswoman--

I'm sure that you'll be quite pleased with the reserve wine list as it is very extensive. I ordered a chardonnay off of the list (and can't quite recall the name) but it was probably the best chardonnay I've ever had. The reserve list is expensive (I think my chardonnay ran about $92, or so, and the bottles go up to about $300) but it was very much worth it! Now, if I could only remember the name! :)

And, if you're any kind of champagne drinker, you'll have to try Disney's Fairy Tale Cuvee (Iron Horse). I think it gives Moet a run for its money!

Thanks so much for the info again, 3circles! And thanks to Rence, for the detailed explanation. You guys are great:)

I'm more of a beer person, myself, so I was disappointed in the selections (bud, amstel light, and heineken aren't my idea of good beer):p But we are travelling with my parents, whose 40th anniv is this year (I did order a bottle of the Iron Horse for their cabin on Saturday), and my BIL who gets all the wine mags, so it will be nice to have some really nice bottles.

Anyway, more info than you probably cared to know but I really appreciate all the advice from everyone:cool:

Only 4 more days:Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter