New WIFI package, how does it compare in price to other cruise lines.

Hard to say. Seems free WiFi is one of the current perks other cruise lines are using to lure back cruisers. That, and an open bar on NCL.

This is what RCL if offering for our FEB 2023 cruise, but I have to buy it now at a "discounted" price,

Since they have the money so far in advance I would say it's about the same price.

VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet Package - 1 Device

Get the fastest streaming, sharing and surfing internet at sea.

From*$21.59USD Adult per day
Price Shown Reflects Your Discount

Hi All
I didn't read through, but is there an unlimited plan? One that doesn't go by the megabytes used, or that is timed?

Virgin has free wifi. My next NCL has a limited wifi package that is included

We were on celebrity cruise line at Christmas. Basic wifi was free. You could easily email or go on Facebook. I upgraded 2 of us to their better package. For 7 days it less than $250 for unlimited wifi that included streaming. My daughter could easily watch Disney plus when she needed sone down time. And I watched Hulu a couple times when I couldn’t sleep. There’s no reason why Disney couldn’t offer a package that allowed streaming. And ‘starting at $30’ a day for their highest level. And it’s kind of hard to understand the difference between second and third levels. Although we were just on the transatlantic for 13 days and I bought two $89 1000 MB packages. So for 13 days the $20 package would have cost well over $200 with no MB limit. And that’s just for one device. It’s no bargain.

our next trip is with HAL and their premium plan that I can buy in advance is $110 USD for 7 days. Unlimited, able to stream (allegedly).

I think what stinks with DCL's approach is that there is actually no benefit from buying the “duration-of-cruise” package, as it is the same price as buying a package a day. So you end up buying 24-hours pass to try to “game” the system, and everytime once is over, you actually think about “do I really need internet now or can I wait later”? To me it sounds much more doing groceries than vacation.

How does the other lines compare?

Something that I haven't seen mentioned is that devices after the first are at a discounted rate. You can see that from the screenshots on DCL Blog.

Something that I haven't seen mentioned is that devices after the first are at a discounted rate. You can see that from the screenshots on DCL Blog.
Yes indeed, devices after the first can be added at a “discounted” price.

The streaming Wi-Fi on my last Celebrity cruise was approx $30 per day for one device. On the second to last day, they had a buy one day, get one day free sale ;)

I wonder with the new internet packages if iMessage won’t work for free anymore? When it actually works.

I wonder with the new internet packages if iMessage won’t work for free anymore? When it actually works.
The DCL navigator app needs connectivity to Apple servers to receive push notifications. That also allows iMessages.

I can confirm iMessages still work (and even better I would say, even if not 100% proof) using the “new internet”.

The DCL navigator app needs connectivity to Apple servers to receive push notifications. That also allows iMessages.

I can confirm iMessages still work (and even better I would say, even if not 100% proof) using the “new internet”.
So it worked without the internet package? Or you tried it with and without the new packages?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter