NEW - Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Announcements

No way they are going to make any major announcements now about what they may or may not be able to do in October and beyond. Today was a teaser just to wet the appetite with something they are sure they can do regardless of what happens with the virus. More will come based on vaccinations and the trajectory of the virus over the coming months.

The 50th colors are pretty complimentary to the Magic Happens parade over at Disneyland that launched right before covid.

I wonder if we could see a modified Magic Happens parade at WDW sometime during the 50th. Would definitely compliment the 50th castle decor. I think parades will come back at WDW before Disneyland for a few reasons - I wonder if they’d send Magic Happens to WDW.

The 50th colors are pretty complimentary to the Magic Happens parade over at Disneyland that launched right before covid.

I wonder if we could see a modified Magic Happens parade at WDW sometime during the 50th. Would definitely compliment the 50th castle decor. I think parades will come back at WDW before Disneyland for a few reasons - I wonder if they’d send Magic Happens to WDW.

Thought this as well, even went and watched an old YouTube video yesterday to confirm my suspicions!

while not “original” to WDW, the soundtrack is so incredibly original and would be fantastic to listen to in magic kingdom

So I'm guessing that we won't be seeing Happily Ever After again until after they take down the 50th Anniversary decorations from the castle (once they start having fireworks again). I don't think the projections would work with all the new additions to the turret roofs and the front.

So I'm guessing that we won't be seeing Happily Ever After again until after they take down the 50th Anniversary decorations from the castle (once they start having fireworks again). I don't think the projections would work with all the new additions to the turret roofs and the front.

I’m expecting this but still remaining hopeful conditions might improve so drastically that they are able to lift capacity restrictions this summer and allow for fireworks. But deep down I know they’ll just put it off til October because it’s easier and will save some money. I’m worried they’ll never bring happily ever after back.

It seems like a really long time for them to not have Happily Ever After return until spring 2023, though (end of the 18 months). The castle decor doesn't look so drastic to me that they can't still have projections on it.

I didn't want to start a new thread so hopefully this is ok.
Does Minnie's dress have purple or pink in it with the blues? I see different colors in different pics, and we are having a tutu made for my DGD6months. :)
View attachment 567058
To my eyes, there’s definitely some purple, but since there’s some pinkish spots on Mickey’s jacket, there’s probably some pink in Minnie’s outfit too

Does Minnie's dress have purple or pink in it with the blues? I see different colors in different pics, and we are having a tutu made for my DGD6months. :)
View attachment 567058
There’s some shimmering iridescent pink and purple tulle that would look incredible with a collection of blues! It would fit very well with minnies dress to use pink and purple as complimentary colors

I felt like it was one of those "what color do you see" pics bcuz I've been thinking it was purple, but the gal making it said she could throw in some pink too and I was confused, lol. But then I saw this pic and see pink too. We'll do all those colors to be safe. :)
Thanks!!

View attachment 567058
I would describe this as a galaxy color palette. I'm not sure that'll help with finding fabric but I think that's what they were going for with these outfits. Mostly blues with touches of purple and pink.

I’m trying to lower my expectations.

I guess I’ll be happy with the return of fireworks, some nice new pins, and decent polo shirt.

You may have to settle for the pins or the polo shirt, The fireworks - too much to hope for. A lotta stock needs repurchasing.

Yes I'm being cynical I had hoped that Disney would pull out all the stops for the 50'th anniversary of the 'Florida Project' and do a celebration at least on the order of 'Year of a Million Dreams'.

View attachment 567058
I think it has purple, pink, teal and blue. Like those old school jackets that changed color based on the reflection of the sun , We used to call them the "beach gear" because when you want to the shore (Jersey) you could find them sold in EVERY store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter