*NEW* Walmart on Old Lake Wilson Road Grocery Pick-up

I'm glad it worked out for you! Were you after the 8pm latest pickup time? I want to use this next month but our flight doesn't get in to Orlando until 7:30pm.

No, we ended up making it over there around 6:30pm. Sorry!

We had a horrible experience in February. I ordered about 5 days ahead. Showed up to pick up and they couldn't find our order. Was there for at least 45 minutes while they looked for it. Turns out they cancelled it and did NOT notify us! We ended up having to go grocery shop anyway. They cancelled our order because they sold out of 1 thing! Seriously!!!! If they would have just called us we would have told the to fill the order without the one thing.

It was such a bad experience!

Ugh, so sorry to hear this! I wonder if they were still getting their bearings on it all, they should have offered you some sort of compensation or a "come back and try it again for free" coupon. As I mentioned, it worked like clockwork for us, and we did have a few items out of stock.

Yes, they charge you the same and give you equal or more. They also let you know which items are substituted at pickup and you can accept them or refuse them. They are well marked with stickers. They also mark bags with fragile items with stickers, and also alcohol bags have stickers. Very organized! My app also listed details on the substitutions, so I could look at them as I was waiting for them ti bring the order out. Nothing was a surprise while we unpacked or anything like that :) We took a few photos, I'll upload them to this thread when we get home.

If I had a complaint it would be ther number of bags! Some bags only had 2-3 items in them. At least I have two big dogs at home... I'll be packing the plethora of bags to take home to do our yard pickup! It seriously is too many for me to not want to pack home and reuse, LOL!

I am glad it worked out and I cant wait to see pictures. I like the idea of them giving you equal or more instead of nothing. I am sure this new walmart gets a ton of business from all the timeshare resorts in the area. Especially Westgate Vacation Villas across the street. This place is going to be super convenient for us. I hope I am not disappointed when my turn comes because I have been looking forward to this for 2 years now. I can't wait for the day to come to start my pick-up list. Being a family that prefers to stay off-site, this is going to be a nice amenity for us.

jumping in if you don't mind as I came to the boards tonight to see what is the go-to grocery in the area. We are staying at Holiday Inn Orange Lake which particular Walmart is the closest for a quick drive to get groceries?

Yes, the new one on Old Lake Wilson Road will work for you too. We also are staying at Orange Lake this summer and this is the Walmart we prefer. I am not a fan of the Walmart on Hwy 27 at all.

For people that don't want to do pre-order and just want to go in, this is a nice store. I ran over there yesterday to pick up ponchos and umbrellas (our dollar store ponchos had given their dollar's worth and not a cent more in yesterday's storms). It is huge and has a big section of Disney merchandise as well as a section of Universal merchandise. There's also a liquor store at the entrance.

I'm glad it worked out for you! Were you after the 8pm latest pickup time? I want to use this next month but our flight doesn't get in to Orlando until 7:30pm.
Our flight landed at 6:50 but we had issues getting our car so we got there at 8:20, I called before 8 and we were able to get the order in store. I am guessing only because we were close to 8 and I called.

For people that don't want to do pre-order and just want to go in, this is a nice store. I ran over there yesterday to pick up ponchos and umbrellas (our dollar store ponchos had given their dollar's worth and not a cent more in yesterday's storms). It is huge and has a big section of Disney merchandise as well as a section of Universal merchandise. There's also a liquor store at the entrance.

I can't wait to see it!! I am so excited about this New WalMart like its a Theme Park!! :lmao: My DH and DD11 are tired of hearing me talk about it already :laughing:
Sorry to hear there were storms so bad that you needed ponchos. We go in the summer and the storms roll thru often. We found that July seems to have more storms than August so we changed our visits to the end of August because it seems to have less bad weather. But, you can't plan vacation around the weather in Florida. It's a chance you take. You gotta go when you can and hope for the best. Have a great time!!! Doesn't sound like the weather is holding you back at all!! :cheer2:

Does anyone know if this Walmart uses the Scan and Go option? We have used that at home and it is a lot faster for us.

Does anyone know if this Walmart uses the Scan and Go option? We have used that at home and it is a lot faster for us.

They had Scan and Go checkouts but but I didn't see the big thing of handheld scanners at the entrance, so I think it might just be the phone app...or I somehow missed the scanners on my quick trip. The carts aren't set up with the little holders for the scanners or your phone like at my local Walmart, but the checkouts are clearly labeled Scan and Go - to the point where I didn't think they were regular self checkouts since they weren't labeled as such...being in a slight hurry I didn't poke around enough to find out.

I really need to download the app. I used the Sam's Club version a ton before they closed my local Sam's.

What is Scan and Go ? I like the sound of it.....

It is a self scanning thing where you scan your items as you put them in your cart, and then just pay at the end. You can either use a handheld scanner that you pick up at the entrance of the store or use an app on your phone. With the app you can pay as well (at least that's how it worked for Sam's), with the handheld you go to a register and scan a barcode with the scanner and then pay.

Easy peasy!

Our the prices the same as if purchased at store and is their any additional fees or minimum order amounts.

What is Scan and Go ? I like the sound of it.....

The other posters described it well, but we find it very convenient. Walmart is our only choice for groceries in this town, everything else is at least 30-45 minutes away. We use the app on our phone instead of the handheld scanner. We also use Walmart pay at the register--it takes us about 30 seconds to check out. Receipt is emailed and shows up in the app.

Does this new Walmart sell beer?

Yes.

Beer and wine in the store and available for pickup orders (don't expect a spectacular craft selection, though, if that's what you're after.)

And there's a liquor store at the entrance if you do your own shopping, I didn't go in to poke around so I can't comment on the selection there.

Yes.

Beer and wine in the store and available for pickup orders (don't expect a spectacular craft selection, though, if that's what you're after.)
And there's a liquor store at the entrance if you do your own shopping, I didn't go in to poke around so I can't comment on the selection there.

Thank you

My DD12 had already written a list for our Walmart online order. So last Saturday we did an online "dry run" and put the items on her list in the online grocery cart. We were like kids in a candy store. All excited about shopping online at Walmart!!!! :rotfl::woohoo: She has set a reminder on my phone for me to submit the order 7 days before we go on vacation since a previous post says we have 16 hours before pickup to make edits. I haven't been able to decide if we are flying Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning so I havent purchased airfare for our flights down yet. So she is having a "fit" that I cant narrow down a pickup time until I know when we will be arriving for sure. :laughing: The good news is, she has everything we need on the list so it is definitely one less thing to worry about. She is so comical !!! :hyper:

We stayed at Windsor Hills from May 24- June 3 and visited this Wal Mart on a few occasions. It is a huge store. The store manager said it is one of the largest Wal-Mart’s in the country. There is an excellent selection of Disney merchandise on hand. Doing on-line ordering for grocery pickup would be a wise move particularly if you are arriving late in the day. The store is extremely busy and parking can be difficult at times.

We stayed at Windsor Hills from May 24- June 3 and visited this Wal Mart on a few occasions. It is a huge store. The store manager said it is one of the largest Wal-Mart’s in the country. There is an excellent selection of Disney merchandise on hand. Doing on-line ordering for grocery pickup would be a wise move particularly if you are arriving late in the day. The store is extremely busy and parking can be difficult at times.
The one on Vineland was also one of the biggest. Put in a super store like this within a few miles of 10,000s resort guests daily and you will be busy. Plus they have to keep in nicer than most WalMarts because people will flock to other places based on reviews.The WalMart on Vineland was one of the nicest we have been to and fastest checkout I have seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!