new to WISH and to SB diet--have silly ?

maleficent1959

<font color=FF0033>200,000 DIS'ers can't be wrong.
I've been on the Boards for a while but I'm new to WISH. I'm on the second day of the South Beach diet. So far I've been surprised that I haven't been craving carbs -- huge bread fan -- but maybe that will happen today or tomorrow.

Anyway, can I have lemon juice in my tea? I know it's fruit, but the nutritional information says no carbs and no sugar.

Told you it was a silly question!

TIA

Welcome to WISH and South Beach, you will love both!

According to the official site, lemons are fine for Phase 1 but I don't know about lemon juice. Why don't you squeeze some real lemon juice into your tea? I hope this helps you out.

I didn't start to get a "funny" feeling and cravings until day 4 and then thankfully day 5 they were gone and I haven't had any real cravings (well not sense I started eating natural peanut butter recently) in the entire 10 months I've been on South Beach.

No such thing as a silly question!

I think a bit of lemon juice in your tea is fine, as long as you're not drinking the equivalent of a lemon grove every day. There are a few Phase 1 recipes that call for a teaspoon or tablespoon of lemon juice as an ingredient, so I would think the same amount in tea would add up to the same thing.

I never had cravings either, I must say, aside from habit pulling me towards certain foods until I got used to a different way of eating (and different rewards, like a splurge on a special hand cream instead of a gi-normous chocolate bar). But then, I was distracted by the numbers speed-flipping down on the scale as the first weeks went by!

Phase 1 totally rules! Enjoy it! We have a South Beach Diet thread going on -- please join us! There's lots of encouragement and support to be found there!

:sunny:

Thanks so much for your help! I drink tea every day, and my "tea treat" was an occasional cream and sugar so I was looking for a way to jazz it up when I need a little lift.

It was pretty nice yesterday when I whipped out pistachios for a snack and a sugar-free fudgsicle for dessert. My DH is not participating in this, and it was nice to see the look on his face when he said "You can have THAT on your diet!?" LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter