New to this- photography on Instagram..how do i increase my followers?

Jeina Jeniffer

Earning My Ears
Hey Peeps. So back to instagram again, well because i am currently staying at home (on maternity leave) my Husband who does freelance wedding-photography and i wanted to showcase the few photos from his events via instagram.
The problem is, i am new to this whole instagram thing and i have absolutley no clue on how i can manage to get followers. Any tips and tricks that i need to be aware of would be great! Thanks :)

Not an easy answer.
What I've found is to post often. At least daily. Follow like minded accounts. Use other social media outlets to point to your insta. Post content that stands out.

Instagram.com/davedoesdisney

Seconding everything above.
Being active is number one

Decide what you want the purpose of the account to be - is it a marketing tool? A gallery? A microblog?

Make your posts cohesive. When looking at the tile view of your account, you want the photos to flow well together. Things like grouping content by row and using similar editing techniques (I'm guessing your husband has a 'style' so that will tie it all together) help with this.

Get involved with others in the same community. Find accounts who post similar content. Follow, like, comment. The more active the community is around you, the more likely your photos will show in the explore section which expands your follower potential.

Use hashtags. Find what the big ones are for your community and use them. Similar to above, decide what format you want your captions to be in. Some people prefer to put breaks between the caption and tags. Some prefer to put the tags in a separate comment. Creating your style (which can always change if you want!) is big when creating your accounts brand.

If you notice certain types of posts get more interactions than other, keep posting them! If it's something that takes extra effort, do it anyways. And be persistent. In the past few months, that has been the Welcome Show for me - I'm one of the few people who consistently gets to the park early enough for the show. Even though I'm nowhere near the greatest photographer in the tags, my photos are everywhere.

My account isn't massive, but it's been consistently growing.

And super important - make sure you are enjoying it. Once it becomes a chore, it's not worth doing anymore.

I'm still trying to figure this out myself as well. I've found that following similar Disney photo gallery account helps, and posting often but not too often. Also, be creative with the hashtags. I also try to be as interactive as possible by commenting on other people's posts and asking questions when I post.

Please let me know what your handle is--I'd love to support you! Mine is in my profile information.

I appreciate all the responses everyone. Well, with that being said, over the weekend i came across a blog post that touched on this topic. I am of the opinion that the tips given from this article are very relevant. You might want to have a look at the post. Oh, before i forget, kindly share your instagram accounts. I would love to follow all of you.

There are so many people on Instagram that it can be hard to cut through the noise. If you get more followers, more people will see your posts, and other Instagrammers may begin to take notice. There are a few proven techniques which will earn you followers quickly and help you improve your content to keep them interested.

1. Make sure your account is public

Private accounts scarcely ever gain followers because only people you are friends with can find you. People will be unable to view your photos before becoming your follower, making your profile look dull and empty. To make an account public:
  • Click on the Profile button in the bottom right corner of the Instagram App.
  • Click "Edit My Profile."
  • Uncheck "Posts are Private." If you see the green button, then your post is private. Click this to set your account to public.
2. Use the most popular hashtags

Hashtags allow you to search particular themes and view all the photos that have used a common hashtag. If you use the popular ones, other hashtag fans will end up seeing your photo linked to that hashtag and check out what you posted, especially if your photo is good. This will garner quick attention and help you gain followers quickly.

3. Ask users to “tag a friend”

I recently got a great Instagram tip from some new local friends who helped me out with marketing a non-profit food tasting event. They shared a food photo from a past event and asked their 11,000 followers to comment and tag a friend they wanted to attend with. The response was awesome, and exposed our event to a lot of people who wouldn’t have heard about it.

4. Craft a great bio and profile

Your profile is the backbone of your presence on Instagram, and a well-crafted one is key to increasing your followers. After all, who will click the follow button a profile that’s unclear, incomplete, or unappealing?

Your Instagram profile is made up of your name, username, website, and bio.
  • Name: Up to 30 characters, and included in Instagram search, so you may wish to include a keyword.
  • Username: Make it consistent with your username on other social channels to make it easy for followers on other platforms to find you on Instagram.
  • Website: The only place on Instagram where you can include a clickable link (aside from calls to action in ads).
  • Bio: 150 characters to convey your brand identity and show new visitors why they should follow you.
5. Run Instagram contests

Another great way to expand your reach while increasing engagement on your photos is to publish a post promoting a contest, and then ask people to follow your account and Like or comment on the photo in order to enter.

You might add User-Generated Content element to the contest, too, where people post a photo of their own and use a specific hashtag along with following your account.

I highly recommend Genuinelikes to get real and active instagram followers to get instant business results. They fulfill the order on time with 100% user satisfaction. Promotion is the need of today’s marketing and I prefer Genuinelikes for the promotion of business in the entire world. Spread your business and increase your reach through the use of Genuinelikes services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!