New to the App-Virtual Lines and Express Pass

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
I downloaded the Universal App since I haven't been in 6 years, and knew I would need to set up touchless payments for things. I noticed many rides, such as Despicable Me, Rip Ride Rocket, Revenge of the Mummy, and many others, have a "virtual line closed" button by the ride where several others just say "closed". I knew Race Through New York had one before closure, but are all of the others new additions? Do these work like Rise of the Resistance at Disney, where you have to be in the park at opening and try to get a boarding time? We purchased an Express Unlimited Pass when we got our tickets. Do these work, or will we still need to get a return time? Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure also had one, which I think will make people happy from what I've been reading-

Prior to this reopening, Fallon and F&F were the only 2 rides that had virtual queues. The additional ones you listed just had that added to them in the app recently and it's speculation that those will be the rides that need a reservation once they re-open. But take that with a grain of salt because things could change (like more rides being added perhaps) between now and when they re-open the parks.

Reservations for Fallon and F&F could only be made while in the park. So I'm assuming it will be the same for the additional rides they added. For Fallon and F&F it did essentially work like the RotR boarding passes, but it would give you a list of available times and you could pick the time (until they were all gone).

As for Express Pass, Universal has confirmed they will still be valid with the re-opening. I don't believe you will need to do a ride reservation. EP has different/separate lines than the regular queues.

If I understood it correctly, I think they were almost like day of fast passes.

None of us know how it is with all these rides now doing it, it's never been done at Universal. And the 2 they've had it, were rides that really didn't have long waiting times, so it really wasn't that huge of a deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter