New to SeaWorld/All Day Dining questions

angiegal1

Earning My Ears
I haven't been to SeaWorld since I was 7 (and that was the SeaWorld in Ohio), but my family is finally going this Spring. I'm looking at the All Day Dining, but I have a few questions. I've looked throughout the forums and haven't been able to find the answers, but I do apologize if these questions have been asked and answered already.
First, if you've done this, do you think it's worth it?
Second, are all of the restaurants counter service?
Third, can you just go through and get drinks?
Finally, if you have anything else to offer on the subject, I would appreciate it.

If it helps, my family is me 36, DH 41, DS 16 and DD 13.
Thanks so much!!

I had the free one day meal deal. We enjoyed a full breakfast, lunch and dinner in the park. I would any pay for it, though only if discounted.

Here's my goods: Lots of choices for food, food was good
Here's my no good: limited restaurants. DD likes chicken nuggets, but the restaurant on the plan didn't serve it. The restaurant that had the fingers wasn't on the plan.

We did go several times through the line just to get a soda or a cold bottle of water, just fries, fruit, or cake. It was very easy to check out, we mostly got near the cashier, and was waived through.

Really check out what the restaurants on the plan serve, see where they are in the park, and prices. Then see what you want to eat, where, the nice sit down restaurant is not on the deal,and then see, are you going to be at the park on a day with very long hours, so you would want three meals. Then see if buying it would be cost effective for you.

Good luck! We really enjoyed SW.

Thanks, that's really what I was thinking. None of us are very picky (thank goodness that my kids are past that stage now! :cool1: But one of our biggest expenses at any park is the drinks. I'm going to have to look at the map and locate the restaurants to see if there are enough spread throughout the park to make it easy to get drinks. We usually have 4-6 drinks each, outside of meals, and really, at $2-3 per drink, even if we only eat one meal at the park it seems like it would be worth it.

I got the All Day Dining Deal at Busch Gardens in the summer,with my 10% passholder discount they came out to $27.Basically I feel if you're going on a day where you plan to spend the entire day at the park with a park closing time of 7pm or later you should get it,we went in the summer with the park closing like at 9-10pm and with the heat and humidity you basically have to get it because you will be drinking all day,and yes you can just go through the line and get a drink or a dessert or some fruit,basically each time you go through the line you can get an entree,dessert or side and drink or just one or two of them.I think I kept count of what I ate and drank that day and it got up to like $60-$70,for $27 not a bad deal.If you get to the park at noon and the park closes at 6-7 pm and it's cool out I would pass on getting it.All the main counter service restaurants are in the plan.The only thing you can't get are the baby back ribs at the Voyagers smokehouse in Sea World or in the BBQ place in Busch Gardens.

Thanks for the help. As I thought about it and added it up, it really seems to be worth it. I'm always skeptical of "deals", but we are going to be at the park all day, so I don't see how we could go wrong!

I have a few more questions...

Hubby and I are on special weight loss diets. We have a very limited food list right now. We don't even try to eat out at home. We're taking a day trip. (1) Can we bring our own food? (2) Can our KIDS ONLY be on the all day dining plan? (3) Do they need a special type of ticket to be able to get the dining plan, or is it available for purchase by anyone who has paid for any form of admission?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter