New to DisneyLAND - hotel choices

Coreyjohnson2007

Mouseketeer
ok so first timer to the California parks. So I understand the logistics of Disney hotels, and the harbor drive hotels. I want walking distance as we (wife and kids) will likely stay later than my parents (the grandparents). So walking distance is important. Currently I found a good deal at the Fairfield inn on harbor dr and I also got a good deal at The Country Inn and Suite which seems very new and nice but a little longer walk. Does anyone have any preference or opinion on these places? My parents like a nice place and the Country inn and suites does free parking and breakfast so that’s nice but for $100 more I can stay closer at the Fairfield....

Thoughts

You will find fans of many of the Harbor Hotels on these boards. We stay at the Candy Cane Inn. The price is reasonable, they don't nickel and dime you for extras, free parking, free breakfast, it is very clean, free shuttle, excellent service, decent pool, 10 minute walk to the front gate.

The above thread about choosing the right hotel has great information. Another fan of the CCI here! Never had a bad stay and they offer a variety of discounts. With the two hotels you mentioned, I'd go with the FFI. Closer really makes a difference at DLR. And if you are a loyalty member, those Marriott reward points can make a difference if you will be making return trips to DLR. There are now a handful of Marriott properties around the parks (and there will be more in the future). So anything that helps with a free night is an advantage in my book!

It depends how big your family is. Country inn isn’t too far away and friends of ours loved it. Personally I’d probably go for more space with kids. Plus, the real hotel will be quieter. We always stay in a little further away walking suites hotel with kids for those reasons.

Fairfield is a solid choice as well. I’d be happy at either of them!

Honestly, any of the Harbor hotels that are across the street from Disneyland will be the shortest walk to the parks, yes even shorter than the walk from the Disney owned hotels, well except the Grand Californian to DCA since it has a direct entrance.

How easy is this to do with kids 8 and under that will need car seats?

If the kids are old/big enough to use Mifold or Bubblebum travel boosters (lowest price I've seen so far is on Amazon.com), then it shouldn't be difficult at all. And the travel boosters can fold up into a tote bag or go into a locker for the rest of the day in the parks until you need them again for the return trip to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!