New to DIS Boards

GiveALittleWhisle

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in . . .
Hello everyone!

I never thought that I would consider myself disabled because I’ve always been a very physically active person despite my disabilities.

My Crohn’s disease has been in remission for many, many years however in November 2020 I went into a flare that I have not been able to climb out of. You could probably check off every symptom of Crohn’s that I’ve experienced. My doctors are befuddled as to why I’m not responding to the dozens of medications I’ve been on. Many of the medication‘s have actually made me sicker.

Right now, I am missing out on a trip to Disneyland and California adventure that my family is on.
I don’t really mind everyone else having fun on the trip while I’m stuck at home, in pain and suffering. Actually I am a little bit jealous, but if I was there I wouldn’t be having a good time and my intention would never be too spoil everyone else’s fun.

I don’t have a parking pass and other than taking intermittent disability at work, I have not asked for any accommodations for my illnesses. As many of you know, Crohn’s disease can be an invisible illness. The symptoms that would greatly impact the trip for me are my chronic fatigue and the need to frequently use the restroom.

I used to be such an active person, and I still am but all of a sudden, out of the blue, my energy levels will go from 100% to 0% and I just have to stop whatever I’m doing. Sometimes I need help to get to somewhere where I can rest.
For when I am feeling better, I’d appreciate any tips I’m making my experience visiting Disneyland, California adventure, Walt Disney World enjoyable without bringing everyone else in my party down.

Thank you in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter