New to DIS and need advise for WDW trip in DEC 2008

TinkandPooh

Disney Dreaming 24/7
Hello boy am I gald I found this board!!!
We are planning on going to WDW in Dec of this year and already have our dates set but can chage the dates bit if needed and that is where this question comes in.
I was wondering if there are some WDW veterans out there who could share with us the best dates to go in DEC to have lower crowds.
We have already figured that the last 2 weeks of December and the first week of January 2009 are off limits for us because crowds will be crazy but we were wondering out of the first 2 weeks in Dec 2008 right after Thanksgiving break and before Christmas break which one of those 2 weeks would be better as far as lighter crowds?

Thanks in advnace for all the input.

PS

We are looking at

Tuesday December 2nd 2008 through Monday December 8th 2008

or 2nd plan:

Sunday Decmeber 7th 2008 through Saturday December 13th 2008

Anyone have an idea of which one we should pick???

Thanks again.

Oh and we plan on staying at the AKL as we have been before and stayed in a villa at the Boardwalk.
It really is hard to choos which resort to stay in because there are so many that we want to stay at.....wish we could go for a 2 month visit so we could stay in a different one ever week!!! LOL

Have a great day and pixie dust to all!

welcome!! I felt the same way when I found this board last year. And I thought I knew everything about DW. We've always gone in Jan.. Anywhere from the 10th on. Not crowded at all except the weekends of the marathon and MLK day. This will be our first year going in Dec. to see all the x-mas stuff. We've chosen the 6-13. This week is what's called POP Warner week. (kids sort of superbowl and cheering.) I've been told that it won't be bad though, the kids have activities to do. A Dis moderator told me that the week after, 13-20 would be more crowded as it is getting closer to x-mas. My sis went the weekend after T-giving and said it was ridiculously crowded! DW always has events that make almost any week busy. It's as if you can't really find a slow time anymore. Hope that helps!:thumbsup2

we have been the 1st and 2nd weeks and both are pretty good. I guess I would pick the 1st week as you would be able to catch the Christmas parade taping if that's your thing and miss Pop Warner (I want to say it's around 12/8). Pop Warner didn't seem to effect the parks, but if you are staying at a value it wouldn't be so great. The first week also had better weather, and we really noticed a lot more people about 1/2 way through the second week.

Hello again,
Thanks so far to those have replied it has been a help.

I guess in my original post I should have put the dates that we are looking at so I could get more of a vote.

We are looking at

or 2nd plan:

Thanks again.

Oh and we plan on staying at the AKL as we have been before and stayed in a villa at the Boardwalk.
It really is hard to choos which resort to stay in because there are so many that we want to stay at.....wish we could go for a 2 month visit so we could stay in a different one ever week!!! LOL

or 2nd plan:

LOL

Dec 7-13 is pop warner week so keep that in mind. Dec. 2-8 will be quieter and if you're not going til tues. than you should miss the t-giving crowd. Remember t-giving isn't til the 28th this year. Probably the earlier date will be better. Weather gets colder the later you go too.

Thanks KikiV
I am thinking that may be good as well but I can't wait to hear what other WDW veterans have to say about these dates

Thanks again and keep the ideas coming fellow DIS board members.

We've been as early as arriving on Dec. 4th and as late as leaving on Dec. 21st.

Honestly all that time was, IMO ,low crowds. If possible, depending on where you are staying, I would avoid Pop Warner week. It can really make the resort and food court feel over crowded.

I still found MK to be crowded on Saturdays so I would avoid that park on a Sat.

Just thougth I would bump this up to see if anyone had any more input regarding the dates.

I did find out today that Pop Warner week starts the 7th so maybe we would be better off staying for the first date we have set which are the 2nd of Dec through the 8th of Dec.

Any more input??
DOes anyone think we will see crowds from Thanksgiving rolling over or will they mostly be the week of Thanksgiving?

Thanks again

Parents choose thanksgiving week to avoid taking their kids out of school - obviously. So by Monday after thanksgiving, the lingers are pretty much gone. IMO, this week after thanksgiving is the BEST time to go. Good weather, low crowds, holiday decorations. I love it. I just booked my 3rd trip during that time of year (I'm going Sunday, Nov. 30th through Saturday, Dec. 6th). :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter