New to cruises, looking for advice? ...

speedmaster

Earning My Ears
In the fall we're planning on doing a 3-day Bahamas cruise on the Disney Dream. We've done Disney World many times but have never done any kind of cruise, let alone a Disney cruise.

We have three kids (we're getting two rooms) aged 15, 14, and 11. Once the cruise ends we're planning 2 days at Universal Studios and staying in one of their hotels.

Any words of wisdom? Anything on the Disney Dream we should most definitely do or see? Or most definitely NOT do or see? ;-)

Thanks very much in advance,
Chris

In the fall we're planning on doing a 3-day Bahamas cruise on the Disney Dream. We've done Disney World many times but have never done any kind of cruise, let alone a Disney cruise.

We have three kids (we're getting two rooms) aged 15, 14, and 11. Once the cruise ends we're planning 2 days at Universal Studios and staying in one of their hotels.

Any words of wisdom? Anything on the Disney Dream we should most definitely do or see? Or most definitely NOT do or see? ;-)

Thanks very much in advance,
Chris

#1 cruising tip: Don't try to do everything (you can't).

#2: Pack what you think you need and take out half.

#3: Book next cruise onboard

:cutie:

You definitely can't do it all, so just choose activities you want to do (or just do nothing at all and relax!

One thing I would recommend is to spend some time on embarkation day walking through all the areas of the ship. After we got off our 3-day on the Dream last fall I realized there were whole sections of the ship I had never even seen. If you at least gaze into all the areas at the beginning it will give you a good sense of whether you want to hit those spots later on!

Just realize that on a 3 day you will probably NOT get to do everything you think you will! If you are okay with your older kids being on their own, or everyone in the kid's areas, I would DEFINITELY do a meal at Palo or Remy for you and your spouse. We ate at Palo and it was fabulous. It's an extra $20 per person and you should make reservations ahead of time, but it was totally worth it to us!

WELCOME TO THE CRUISE BOARD!!!

Just keep reading this board for great info. You will be surprised how much you pick up just by reading different threads...if something discussed sparks a question....ask away!

The Dream is a lovely ship and 3 days will go back very fast. Read some Navigators from past cruises to get an idea of what is offered on the Dream on 3 night cruises.

I believe there are some Navigators at the "Stateroom" link on the red bar at the top of the forum.

Here is the link:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm

MJ

#1 cruising tip: Don't try to do everything (you can't).

#2: Pack what you think you need and take out half.

#3: Book next cruise onboard

:cutie:

Shmoo, didn't you forget the other half of this statement?

#2: Clothes - Pack what you think you need and take out half...
Money - plan what you think you'll need then double it. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter