New to counter service...do tell you favorites please

MK Columbia Harbour House or Pecos Bills, Pinocchio Village Haus for flat breads
AK Satul'i Canteen or Flame Tree Grill
HS ABC Commissary only to have one to pick from
Epcot Katsura Grill,

MK we always hit Columbia Harbour House and Pecos Bills, always end up at Cosmic Rays too at some point because you just can't beat hearing Sonny Eclipse.
Epcot is Sunshine Seasons. World Showcase honestly I can't remember the last time we grabbed QS here, only really snacks. Used to like the QS in Japan which is quite pretty.
HS, yeah ABC Commissary is probably your best bet. Inside, air conditioned and does a good slushie.
AK Flame Tree Barbeque which I tried for the first ever time this year and enjoyed or Pizzafari. Satul'i Canteen is on my list to try next time, as is the one that's outdoors and sort of a marketplace!

Magic Kingdom- Columbia Harbor House and BOG

Animal kingdom- Flame Tree BBQ

Epcot- France bakery and Mexico(cheese empenadas!)

MK: BOG or Pecos Bill's
Epcot: Tangierine Cafe or La Cantina for meals, Les Halles or Kringla for desserts/snacks
AK: Harambe Market (we'll be trying Satuli for the first time next trip, too)

Columbia Harbor House is my MK staple- good seafood options and an alternative to burger/pizza crap that's prevalent everywhere. Peco's bill if you want Tex-Mex.

AK has flametree BBQ, also like the falafel stand (forget its name though)

Epcot- has tons of choices really, because most of the "countries" have a counter service somewhere to cover many types of food. Also, lots of good choices in "The Land" (Sunshine seasons)

Hollywood studios- not too many intriguing choices here really- Backlot express and ABC Commisserie- both have standard American-ish faire.

These are mostly based on where the girls will let me eat

MG-Casey's and Columbia House
Epcot- Liberty Inn
Animal Kingdom-Flame Tree
Hollywood-They pretty much won't eat counter here.

This is where we eat if going for QS:

MK - Cosmic Rays, Casey's Corner, Sleepy Hollow (for waffles)
AK - Yak & Yeti local cafes, (will be trying Satul'i canteen in December)
EP - Yorkshire chippy, anything in France (too numerous to mention)
HS - Backlot Express, ABC Commissary, Sweet Spells (for dessert)

Let's go by park:

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons
Animal Kingdom: Pizzafari if it's sweltering. Flame Tre BBQ if it's not (and you don't mind fending off aggressive birds).
DHS: Take the boat to Epcot and find something worth eating

Another vote for Sunshine Seasons in Epcot and the Flame Tree BBQ in AK. If you go to the Flame Tree take your food down to the lower pavilion next to the water looking out towards Everest.

And depending on your mood, the Yorkshire County Fish Shop or the bakery in France.

Thanks so much to everyone who has given us wonderful suggestions...now decisions now decision ;>

MK: I'd go with Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bill in no particular preference
EP: Yorkshire Fish House, Mexico outside, maybe Liberty Inn...Electric Umbrella if I'm stuck in Future World -- but food booths beat all of that during Flower and Garden and especially Food and Wine
AK: New favorite is Satu'li Canteen (I wish they'd retheme it and clone it at other parks), also like Flame Tree Barbecue
HS: Disney Springs or offsite. That's what I think of HS Quick Service. (If you force me, maybe Backlot Express)

Satu'li was excellent
Geyser Point at WL was really, really good. We ate there because we were staying at WL for one night, and we'd resort hopped all day, then swam for a while, so it was convenient. We were completely wowed by it. This is quick service food...

Attachments

• IMG_5305.JPG
    IMG_5305.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 16
Get to Satu'li asap before it turns to crap like most Disney restaurants do shortly after opening. Its amazing right now. Next year at this time, it will be terrible as soon as they figure out how to milk more money by using subpar food.

It is not that we have never eater CS at WDW, but since it is just the 2 of us, we usually do sit down meals. ( Don't take that as we are snobs, as I type this is I am microwaved mac n cheese) :> Anyhow we usually take two 8 day trips per year so taking time for table service is not a big deal....this year we are adding a 2 1/2 day in January am with that limited amount of time, I don't want to take time for sit downs...so I was hoping you could all tell me what your must haves are for CS. Thanks in advance.

Depending on when you are going, EPCOT may be set up for the art festival, hence there will be food booths set up, you might consider that as well.

AK- Flame Tree BBQ can't be missed- I like Harambe market options, and can't wait to try Satuuli canteen,it sounds great. in MK- I like Columbia Harbor House,nice choices there-and my DH likes Caseys Corner mini corn dogs for some reason lol- in Epcot -Tangerine cafe, Sunshine seasons, the French Bakery(forgot the name) the Japan quick service...so lots of places in Epcot are good for a bite! in Hollywood Studios,honestly I've never liked their cs food anywhere much. We just eat at backstage cafe with the usual chicken fingers junkfood while there but it's meh. The Starring rolls bakery has great cupcakes if you get there early, but I've only eaten dessert there-

Satul'i Canteen in Animal Kingdom is hands-down my husband and I's favorite! It is fabulous. All of the times we've gone we've received generous portions, and they've easily catered to my dairy and gluten intolerances (which is a huge plus.) :lovestruc

Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot has a lot of tasty choices and is a perfect change of pace from the rest of the park.

As far as Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios goes, we always just fall back on sharing a turkey leg (who needs quick service when one feeds two people? Not to mention they're to die for.) :tongue:

Another vote for Columbia Harbor House. We always eat here at least once and we always sit upstairs as it is always a bit quitter. We have also enjoyed Pecos Bill in the past. I will admit I have not done BOG and it just doesn't sound appealing to us. I have to say that I prefer TS over QS just because I like the quieter break! If we are in HS then we would do Backlot Express. Backlot Express is not really that great, but there just isn't much to choose from there and we aren't much on pizza at Disney. We always plan TS at AK because we love breakfast at Tusker or lunch at Yak & Yeti. I think that Epcot just has so many choices and it is really based on preference of type of food.

MK - Columbia House
EPCOT - Tangierine Cafe
AK - Yak & Yeti Local Cafes
DHS - don't like any QS (we take the boat for a late lunch on the Boardwalk or EPCOT)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter