New T-Rex Restaurant Menu-Downtown Disney..ADDED A LINK FOR PICTURES POST 38.....

I agree, I'd find something to eat there but nothing looks very exciting. I suppose you're going for the atmosphere rather than the food.

Thats what i was getting at!!
I could eat, and it is stuff i'd eat most places, but there's just, well you put it best, nothing "very exciting".

And i know it's the same stuff you'd get at the Rainforest, but their menu does have a more "excitement factor", at least for me.

Lol i'm not doing a great job of explaining myself :lmao:

:goodvibes

Well just that most places like that have a big choice in things like burgers, not that i get anything other than a good old bacon cheeseburger, but i use a big burger selection as a yardstick.

I did see the rest of the menu, but still it looks poor and limited

:goodvibes

I hear ya now :thumbsup2 .x.

I agree, I'd find something to eat there but nothing looks very exciting. I suppose you're going for the atmosphere rather than the food.

:thumbsup2 .Which i believe is the majority of themed/character restaurants-you go for the atmosphere-not the food.x.

where abouts is it when it opens? I couldnt find it last week at DTD... although it was dark and i wasnt looking very hard as i was trying to dodge all the people !!!

looks good to me on you tube - thanks debs:thumbsup2 and OMG they have build-a-dino how cool is that! I think dd will want to spend ages in this place!

Well just that most places like that have a big choice in things like burgers, not that i get anything other than a good old bacon cheeseburger, but i use a big burger selection as a yardstick.

I'm the same as you, I find it weird that there is only 2 burgers on the menu, however they're maybe using the angle that most dinos were carnivores so they haven't bothered to offer any veggie burgers. :rotfl2:

I don't think the menu looks too bad - for a themed restaurant anyway. :rolleyes1 I'm a right fussy eater and even I'd manage to find a few things on there that I could eat. :laughing:

DD wants to eat there already as she has seen some photos of the building progression and the delivery of one of the dinos. I'm afraid that once she finds out there's a "build-a" option there too, she'll want to have dinner there every night! :rotfl:

Just wondering - do you think that the arrival of TRex will mean that the queues for Rainforest Cafe might not be so bad?:confused3 :thumbsup2

I just called as well, no reservations yet. I want to go here so bad with ds. He would love this. We are on the dlx dining plan, any idea if they will be on the DDP? The lady I spoke to didn't know, but Im going to guess no. What do you all think?

Looks as though they have a build a dino by build a bear I am sure my DS will enjoy this :)

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I emailed the T-Rex team to find out about opening, reservations, and the dining plan...here is the reply I JUST received in my inbox...

Thank you for your inquiry for T-REX Orlando! We are currently under construction but are planning to open our doors this October after Columbus Day. We will be on a walk-in basis only until 2009. The date we will start accepting reservations has not been determined at this time. You may call 407-828-TREX for any updates. T-REX Orlando will be accepting the Premium, Platinum and Wine and Dine Disney Dining Programs for those with dining plans.

While you are in the area, don't forget to check out either one of our two Rainforest Cafe locations at Disney World!

Thank you again for your email and we look forward to joining you on a prehistoric journey!

Jenn Gorka
Group Sales Manager
Rainforest Cafe
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Downtown Disney Marketplace
A subsidiary of Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
(P) 407-827-8371
(F) 4047-938-9143

I AM SO EXCITED!!! Ok, albeit I can't reserve a table. That is alright, I will survive. There is lots to do around there! Even a 2 hour wait is ok by me! But THEY ARE ON THE DINING PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*A little confused by the platinum premium didning plans mentioned, are they the new 2009 plans?*

Thanks for posting, Honeystar. I'm pleased that they're just taking walk-ups at the moment - we'll be there in November and we hate being tied down with too many ADRs, so it's perfect for us. I don't think you'll have a long wait in the early days of its opening - in my experience it takes a while for people to cotton on.

Thanks for posting, Honeystar. I'm pleased that they're just taking walk-ups at the moment - we'll be there in November and we hate being tied down with too many ADRs, so it's perfect for us. I don't think you'll have a long wait in the early days of its opening - in my experience it takes a while for people to cotton on.

Yes, that is what I was thinking. We have enough ADR as it is. The day we go here is sort of a floater day that we are just going with the flow, so it's nice not to have the reservation.

We are going the week before Christmas. Not sure if it will be busy at DW or not. We will be DTD on a Thursday, so hopefully that will help.

We are hoping to try this out in November too :thumbsup2

My DS would lOVE this place, I hope we are able to get in at some point over Christmas/New Year.

Don't forget everyone,who is going soon let me know what it's like,especially the 'Build-a-Dino' :thumbsup2 .x.

ETA-----prices would be good-if you can all remember them-can't seem to find any prices for the food or the build-a-dino.x.

*A little confused by the platinum premium didning plans mentioned, are they the new 2009 plans?*

I think that the Platinum dining plan is the ultimate VIP package and includes a spa treatment - I have never seen it advertised here and would assume that it is only available to US citizens :sad2:
Anyway thanks for posting the link for this it looks great. I didn't realise it was owned by the same people as the RFC so was just thinking to myself how similar the theming was.
This trip I am not telling DS (who will be 6) that we are going so this will definately be on the things to do. If I tell him I will not hear the last of the Build a Dino :rotfl:
I am liking the look of the S'more-asaurus (alot) :sulley:

This trip I am not telling DS (who will be 6) that we are going so this will definately be on the things to do. If I tell him I will not hear the last of the Build a Dino :rotfl:
I am liking the look of the S'more-asaurus (alot) :sulley:

We don't go until April 09 and i have made the mistake of telling our girls(7+3)about 'Build-a-Dino' i have'nt heard the last of it :laughing: .But it does look great+the 2 dinosaurs featured on the Build-a-Dino page are the exact ones my girls like.Although Dd3 thinks it's hilarious that T-Rex has flip-flops on.

I also am loving the sound of the S'more-asaurus :thumbsup2 .x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter