PROMO OVER, SORRY FOLKS!!! New Summer Special photo package available!!

jagafen

Wine drinker, family CEO/CFO, uber planner
SORRY FOLKS, PROMO SALE APPEARS TO BE OVER.

Came across this info on the OI FB page....

There's a new 5 day photo package for $60!! You get a 5x7, and 8x10, a 18X22, and a $10 online credit to use. Here's the link for the presale page: (removed due to promo being pulled)

It's relatively new, as I was just on the page within the past few days contemplating our limited-for-us options. We won't be in the parks for any 3 consecutive days, and I was having a really hard time with the $140 cost for the 14 day package. 5 days at $60? I'm all over that!!

1YearAnnualPass.png

Summer Special
$59.95
Unlimited digital downloads for 5 days, a 5x7 in park print, an 8x10 in park print, an 18x22 in park print, and $10 online credit.

Last edited:
That's a great deal! Thanks for the info...we were looking into the 14 day one also but thought it was a bit pricey.

I wonder if it's 5 consecutive days.

There's no info on a start date on the website, nor on my confirmation email...So I'm guessing that if they're selling it, it's redeemable....our trip isn't until late June, so we have some time.

Thank you so much for posting! That's a great deal. I was on the fence about the photo package, but this tipped me over.

We definitely, positively weren't getting a photo package this trip... Until you posted this! Thank you :)

Thanks for posting this! I had looked at packages a few days ago but decided against them. At this price, we are getting a photo package.

This is really interesting, but there is a serious lack of information about the package, and the links on that website to contact them are not working...has anyone actually made the purchase, yet. Leaving for Orlando early Sunday, so interested in someone's experience.

The link doesn't take you to the official Universal Orlando website. Is this for sure a legitimate site? I hope so! We weren't going to book a photo package, but we'd do this one!

I have the same reservation. I'm going to Universal Resort with my girlfriend in 10 days and this seems like a good package to get in order to get pics of us together rather than asking random people to take our picture or something, but would feel a lot better if this was through Universal's site or even had more of an explanation of what we're getting exactly, where to redeem, etc. I haven't been to Universal in 20 years and a lot, well, basically everything has changed since then so this photo package is new to me. Are there going to be people around the park taking your picture, or the on-ride pictures they offer to sell you afterwards, or both? In any case thanks for the tip!

Amazing pictures also will allow you to obtain the ride pictures I assume

Tm will be in sections of the parks for taking pictures also

None follow you around the park or it wasn't like that when I was there in February

I'm still getting some info on this and sounds decent

This is really interesting, but there is a serious lack of information about the package, and the links on that website to contact them are not working...has anyone actually made the purchase, yet. Leaving for Orlando early Sunday, so interested in someone's experience.

I've just bought the package having purchased a similar one last year from the same site (which is definitely an official one).

On payment you receive a confirmation email which you can then take to either On Location just inside the gates of Universal Orlando or DeFoto's Expedition Photography just inside Islands of Adventure in order to pick up your card, etc.

Okay, so I have never done one of the photo packages. Can someone give me a pretty good insight into what the experience is like? I imagine how I think it works, but am not sure...and don't want to be disappointed if it is not what I expect.

So, I think:

You get a single card...not multiple cards for the family.
Wherever there is a TM taking pictures, you can have your picture taken and show your card...they get the information and those pictures are added to your 'account'.
On the the rides that take pictures...and participate in the program...you stop at the picture desk, in the ride gift shop and pick your picture and show your card, and those pics are added to your account.
You can do as many of the above as long as the account is active.
You can pass the card around for when you are not all together and continue to do all of the above, individually or in smaller groups.

Is that the jest of it? Other than my next questions, is there anything else to it?

Where do I get the 'In Park Prints' that are part of the offer?
It says 'Unlimited Downloads for X amount of time'...does that mean that after that time, you will not have access to the photos...or does that mean that the photos that are taken during that time are downloaded to your account, but you still have access beyond the time frame?
Other than the front of each park, where do TMs hang out for other photo ops...if any?
Is there anywhere, other than in the parks, to pick up the card? Just wondering if there is a way to pick them up before you hit the parks...we will arrive in Orlando, tomorrow, but won't get to the parks until Tuesday.

Thanks for any help....could have found this out directly, if the 'Contact' page worked on that site.

I used it back in 2013 when it used to be called Photo Connect. I think it's basically the same thing. You get two cards that you just hand to the TM to scan. After each ride that has pictures, you just have it scanned at the photo stand at the end of the ride. They have special photo opportunities throughout the park too. There aren't many photographers around though.

I went on my first day to the shop that sells the photo package (at the beginning of each park I think) to pick up my photo cards. I don't think you can pick it up outside the parks, unless that has changed. Yes, you can pass the cards around to whoever wants pictures in your group. They will be added to your account. I just picked up my park prints at the beginning of Universal Studios park. It was a small little photo booth, so I think you can print it at any place in the parks that sells photos. If you want a print of your ride photo, you can have it printed at the end of the ride at their photo stand.

I have my trip report from 2013 that shows some areas where you can take some of the pictures (there are more areas too). The pictures with the borders/universal stickers are some I got with the photo package. There were a lot more but it was multiple of the same areas. https://www.disboards.com/threads/first-time-to-florida-september-2013.3175900/ if you would like to look at some of the areas you can get a special photo. I'm guessing these are all still available now. Not completely sure since it's been a few years. I saw Gringotts does one while in the regular line.

It's worth it if you do a lot of the photo opportunities and get all the ride photos.

I would mainly only want it for the ride photos this year though. Trying to figure out if it would be worth it just for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter