New Southwest credit card offered-earn up to 65,000 RR points

I just got this email from Southwest this morning. We already have a Southwest card and they are offering 5,000 points to upgrade. In the past, when we switched from the basic to the premier, we were able to get the full 50,000 points or whatever, but it’s looking like we can’t do that this time as it says that offer isn’t available if you currently have a Southwest card. Will still probably switch though.

ETA - In the past, I believe you could qualify for the full points if you hadn’t completed an offer in the last 24 months, but now they’ve added that additional bit about being ineligible if you’re a current cardholder…

I just got this email from Southwest this morning. We already have a Southwest card and they are offering 5,000 points to upgrade. In the past, when we switched from the basic to the premier, we were able to get the full 50,000 points or whatever, but it’s looking like we can’t do that this time as it says that offer isn’t available if you currently have a Southwest card. Will still probably switch though.

ETA - In the past, I believe you could qualify for the full points if you hadn’t completed an offer in the last 24 months, but now they’ve added that additional bit about being ineligible if you’re a current cardholder…
So, if you've had a SWA card for more than 24 months, cancel it and get the new card if you want it!

Regarding the $75 annual travel credit, the email states:
A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Priority Card is used for purchases (excluding Upgraded Boardings and inflight purchases), up to an anniversary year maximum accumulation of $75.
I wonder if EBCI purchases are eligible? EBCI is different from "Upgraded Boarding" and it's also not an "inflight purchase".

Regarding the $75 annual travel credit, the email states:
I wonder if EBCI purchases are eligible? EBCI is different from "Upgraded Boarding" and it's also not an "inflight purchase".
" Southwest Upgraded Boardings: Each anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of up to 4 Upgraded Boardings which are positions A1-A15. Upgraded Boardings may be purchased at the departure gate or ticket counter on the day of travel only, when available. Price of Upgraded Boardings is based on your itinerary. Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year. Eligibility for Upgraded Boardings for accounts that switch to this product: Account open date is the date the switch is official in the Chase system. After you make your purchase with your Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Card, you will receive a statement credit for the price of the Upgraded Boardings. Statement credit and purchase of Upgraded Boardings may not post on the same statement; please allow up to 8 weeks for the statement credit(s) to post to your account. You may purchase all 4 Upgraded Boardings at one time or on separate flights; you will only be reimbursed via statement credit for the first four Upgraded Boardings you purchase during your anniversary year. Account must be open and not in default at the time the statement credit is posted to your account. "

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter