New Signup Deal Prepaid "Serve" from AMEX

So there are no fees at all, even if I wait a few months until our trip to use it? Can I cancel it after that? I don't like having it linked to my bank account.

Sounds too good to be true!

The only fees are if you load it with a credit card and I think those have been waived until March. I signed up last year when they were running a $10 credit for signing up. There have been no monthly fees or anything like that.

i set up mine and linked my checking account, its still in processing mode.....

does anybody know can i now set one up for husband? thanks :)

ZehnJahren said:
I did this about two months ago; Verizon was running the same deal.

A free $25 in your pocket at this time of year is definitely a good thing!

What is the Verizon deal? Link? TIA

I got my $25!! :cool1:

It was so easy. I signed up last night, loaded the original $25 today and about 2 hours later, my account said $50! :yay:

Awesome deal!

just an fyi i linked my bank account on saturday and its still "pending" on ax site, even though its been taken out of my bank account, a cc might have been easier. anybody try to do 2 for different members in same house?

I just did the amex one and got the $25 bonus after I funded the card and went back into the account. This link takes to the same place can I really do it twice? I guess I could just try instead of asking but feeling kinda lazy tonight :-(

No, You can't do the deal twice. It says that it is not available to current serve account holders or those that have canceled their serve account.

Do you get a physical card in the mail to use, or is this only an electronic thing?

Thanks!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Do you get a physical card in the mail to use, or is this only an electronic thing?

Thanks!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Yes you also get a physical card in the mail and in case you weren't aware, it's accepted anywhere Amex is. :)

I got mine in less than 7 days of signing up online.

Heather

I had my kids (and me!) sign up for these so I can transfer money to them quickly if necessary. There is an iphone app to facilitate sending, receiving and loading funds. Great idea as long as fees don't apply.

Just signed up and loaded $25 from my credit card and when I looked at the balance, the promotional $25 was added in already to bring it to $50 and no fees! Thanks

I had my kids (and me!) sign up for these so I can transfer money to them quickly if necessary. There is an iphone app to facilitate sending, receiving and loading funds. Great idea as long as fees don't apply.

Has anybody else had problems getting their card "verified"? It says that there is not a credit check, however they do apparently pull a Trans Union report for verification. I signed up for one for my son, who is away at college & it has been a week now & they still have his card in "verification" mode. I want to fund it!

On another note - it also kinda irks me to find out now that I did get a hard pull (as well as DH) on my credit report in order to get ours. Not that it really matters, our credit is stellar, but we did just open 2 Southwest Visas as well for the miles & so we now have 2 hard pulls each on our credit reports, which is something that never happens with us.

Guess I just wanted to vent & see if anyone else had a problem with getting a card for their kid.

:confused3

I haven't looked at my credit report but neither of my kids had issues getting theirs. They both already have established credit, though.

Has anybody else had problems getting their card "verified"? It says that there is not a credit check, however they do apparently pull a Trans Union report for verification. I signed up for one for my son, who is away at college & it has been a week now & they still have his card in "verification" mode. I want to fund it!

On another note - it also kinda irks me to find out now that I did get a hard pull (as well as DH) on my credit report in order to get ours. Not that it really matters, our credit is stellar, but we did just open 2 Southwest Visas as well for the miles & so we now have 2 hard pulls each on our credit reports, which is something that never happens with us.

Guess I just wanted to vent & see if anyone else had a problem with getting a card for their kid.

:confused3

Thanks! I signed up for the card but when I went to transfer funds it said that my credit card will charge a cash advance fee. :(

I'm going to try hooking my checking account up, but after I pay all my bills

Do most places take this? I wasn't sure if american express is taken as many places as vis? How did you get 3 of them? Are they all in your name? PLease give us a few more details as I would love to do this to give my teens for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter