New shows on Fantasy?

Reese'smom

Mouseketeer
When oh when will the Fantasy get new shows? We have seen them all twice and I don't think I can talk DH into another cruise until it's something different. He's not a big fan of Genie. Anyways, does anyone have an idea about when they will change?

It's hard to say. They are rolling out a new show on the Dream this fall/winter. It would seem that the Fantasy should be next up but who knows when that will be. The Fantasy has 2 shows that are unique to it so they will probably want to stick with those for some time.

Just don't go to the shows? There are other events going on during that time, or you can make your own events, like having a nice quiet Spa treatment.

Just don't go to the shows? There are other events going on during that time, or you can make your own events, like having a nice quiet Spa treatment.

Exactly! I have never been a fan of Aladdin in any incarnation, so I just had a nice quiet evening in Skyline and walking around watching the sunset the night that was on. No one holds a gun to your head and makes you go to the shows.

Personally, I thought Aladdin was very well done on the ship, but I really do like the show and the Genie overall, so that just goes to show how different people can be.

Realistically I wouldn't expect Aladdin or the other show with the Genie to change anytime soon, they haven't been there that long and look at how long Toy Story lasted on the Wonder and it was almost universally hated by everyone. Aladdin has a lot of fans, so I would imagine at least another 5 to 10 years.

If you want different shows, why not go on a different ship? There are 4 of them and each has their own unique shows.

Another thing is if he just doesn’t like the genie actor chances are you probably wouldn’t see him again. The cast rotated pretty frequently.

Another thing is if he just doesn’t like the genie actor chances are you probably wouldn’t see him again. The cast rotated pretty frequently.
Well, this thread is from 2 years ago. Aladdin was recently updated. To be closer in style to the live action movie. And word is that Wishes is going to be replaced with Frozen in October.

Just realized this thread is two years old. 🤪

I was on the Fantasy last month and was a bit bummed that the Aladdin show was on hiatus. Of course, with my luck it resumed once my cruise was completed.

The entertainment was pretty meh so I only went to Believe (which never gets old) and checked out Buckets N Boards on the last night (surprisingly entertaining) but the pools were virtually empty in the adult areas on nights i skipped out on the show. The same goes for the shops and spa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter