- Jul 25, 2010
Hi there, just looking to get some advice and opinions on here. My husband and I have had a WDW trip planned for this coming January for close to a year. We rented points from a DVC member through this site actually. We will be celebrating my youngest son’s first birthday while there, and my oldest son’s third birthday. Needless to say, we’ve got our hands full. A little over two weeks ago, my husband had a medical emergency while at work. He had a grand mal seizure, went into rapid afib, and broke and dislocated his left shoulder. They’ve since determined that he has a seizure disorder and he just had a second surgery on his shoulder two days ago. He is expected to be in a sling with no mobility to that shoulder for the next 6-8 weeks. I am reaching out to the DVC member to see what our options may be, but from the contract signed, it looks like the most he could do would postpone the trip until March IF there is an alternate availability for another DVC rental. What do we do? Go ahead with our original plans and just take it a lot easier than expected? I feel like we need a break so bad, but I’m also really nervous about getting stuck in lines with two little ones if my husband can’t help much since I have been having some back pain recently. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. His diagnoses have flipped our life upside down and I’m trying to remain calm about all of it, but I’m really just a panicky mess. He can’t drive for the next six months per state law and I’m juggling the boys and his numerous appointments right now. Please help!