New security measure: Do not disturb signs being Removed!

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by BraveLittleToaster2, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BraveLittleToaster2

BraveLittleToaster2 DIS Veteran

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/12/break...-world-hotels-not-disturb-room-signs-removed/

They will now be entering your hotel room at least once every day!

Thoughts? I don't ever get housekeeping in our room. The safes are too small for all my kids electronics etc that we leave in the room. So when we go to parks we like to know that no one has access to our room. I know people who have had things stolen from hotel rooms before and I don't want that to be me.

Also, I used to have little ones that napped in the middle of the day, so now people will be knocking on the door and waking them up to "check on me"? That would make me very angry!!

2. SL6827

SL6827 Typhoon Lagoon 2018

I am just wondering if they were informed of a security threat? Maybe, maybe not.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MaryLovesPoohBear

MaryLovesPoohBear DIS Veteran

That will be interesting since all three resorts have a DVC component. Housekeeping doesn't come every day for those rooms.

So are they really going to send cast members out to walk into each and every villa? Or are they going to skip those? Especially since Bay Lake Tower is DVC. Cash rooms will get daily housekeeping, but a majority of the villas won't.

hakepb likes this.
  5. Josh Hendy

Josh Hendy DIS Veteran

The wider implications are huge.

First, hotel rooms. Next, timeshares.

Then rental apartments, condos and finally private homes.

Sepo, TLSnell1981, davper and 4 others like this.
  6. CogsworthTN

CogsworthTN Earning my ears: Disney Mom of 2

I know there is no such thing as being 100% safe in the world we live in, but I am really proud of Disney for monitoring situations and making changes to increase safety for the guests.

7. Tigger's ally

Tigger's ally Segway test dummy

Send Tigger to check on my home please. Let me know when he is coming so I can have my grand daughter there as well. :tigger:

8. Tigger's ally

Tigger's ally Segway test dummy

Yep, feel safer there than I do coming to work. And I live in a rural place in central Illinois. Still crazy's and Methheads all around. Sorry if I insulted the crazy's and Methheads (just covering myself for litigious reasons).

Sundowner2, Timothy02359 and ajwolfe like this.
  9. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

As long as they are not knocking on my door at 6 am I'm fine with it.

10. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic DIS Veteran

So what is a sweet little housekeeper suppose to do if she or he walks into a room full of automatic weapons, amno and a deranged person?! o_O Or is it security personnel doing these checks?
    Why not scan luggage instead? Once and done. If luggage is taken directly by Magic Express is it not deemed "airplane safe?" Can they tighten that up with MCO to make it a fully secure handoff?
    So they would just have to scan guest luggage arriving by car and small carryons? Have a destinated door for guests arriving with shopping bags or luggage?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  11. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

If I am not mistaken Disneyland Paris does scan luggage at their resorts.

a4matte likes this.
  12. Roxyfire

Roxyfire Is butter a carb?

If you're going anywhere with a bunch of weapons, you're not flying in. You're driving your own personal (or rented) vehicle.

davper likes this.
  13. umichigan10

umichigan10 DIS Veteran

I mean it’s Disney it’s their private property. You’re staying in their rooms. They have a right to access if if they do choose

14. Moliphino

Moliphino DIS Veteran

They have security guards with wands at the hotel entrance, but don't actually scan the bags (at least as of May). They do scan all bags at the security checkpoints for the parks/Disney Village (so it may be different for the Disneyland Hotel since it's inside the park security zone, we were outside of it at Hotel Cheyenne).

rteetz likes this.
  15. intertile

intertile Mouseketeer

just received an email today from DVC regarding membership benefits. These excerpts answer the question of housekeeping entering the villas:

"Your in-room experience has never been more important to us. That's why we will begin removing trash from your rooms at Disney Vacation Club resorts on a daily basis in addition to regular housekeeping visits. The daily service begins December 22, 2017, at five resort properties (Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian, Disney's Grand Californian and Aulani). The service extends to all other Disney Vacation Club resorts on January 7, 2018."

16. a4matte

a4matte Mouseketeer

I don't know if they do it all the time. The BF went a year or so ago and all of his bags were checked, I don't think he mentioned anything about it this past time though.

rteetz likes this.
  17. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

Saw this info in social media and thought it would be a raging topic on the DIS - we're slipping around here, lol! ;)

DVC is emailing members, saying housekeeping will now be coming for trash collection daily.

I'm having a hard time seeing how this will be implemented. If a room has its occupants in and out all day, is housekeeping going to keep returning over and over, waiting for the time when the occupants are out?

18. Roxyfire

Roxyfire Is butter a carb?

Is it any different than the regular hotel rooms? They come in when your room is next. Take the trash, ask how is everything, then they move on.

Happyinwonerland and DisneyOma like this.
  19. MaryLovesPoohBear

MaryLovesPoohBear DIS Veteran

And if I am changing? Or sleeping? Or, well, doing what couples alone are wont to do?

They better not be coming in and asking me how everything is going. I will have the deadbolt and "chain" on.

They want to come in and snoop, they can figure out how to do it when I am out of the room.

20. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

Sorry -that was two separate comments that kind of blended! I meant, how will they implement it at any of the resorts? For rooms that don't have the Occupied sign up and are open, easy. But what about the room that has no sign, but is deadbolted from the inside because people are there when housekeeping comes, but don't open the door? Or the room that has the sign up all day? At what point do they decide to break in?

21. macman752

macman752 DIS Veteran

Just returned from a week at Saratoga Springs Resort using points. The room did not have a Do Not Disturb sign. The recently announced return to daily trash service for DVC stays leads me to believe that Disney wants to have a cast member visit each room on a daily basis.

Yassdvclb likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.