New Season of NASHVILLE on CMT starts tonight 1/5

Right around the time the season returned, I had read that she was only going to be on for a few episodes, so I kept waiting for something to happen to her. About 2-3 weeks ago, I read an article where she evidently had been on "Ellen" and said that she was in it for the "long haul", so I thought, well, I guess she changed her mind. So, needless to say, I was very shocked about last night's episode. If I hadn't read that article a couple of weeks ago, I would've been prepared for it. Maybe the "long haul" meant she was staying on as a co-producer? I'm not sure.

I was crying during that last scene along with Deacon and the girls and then when she flat-lined, I was just so confused/shocked -- I couldn't even register it.

Honestly, I don't know how long this show can go on without her. She was the anchor -- the central character in which every other story line was somehow connected.

Honestly, I don't know how long this show can go on without her. She was the anchor -- the central character in which every other story line was somehow connected.
Agreed. I don't know... things just seemed "off" from the start of this season on the new network. Characters seem more two-dimensional than they did before. Immature Scarlet & Gunner, bratty Maddie, her new boyfriend - meh...

Thinking back to that other thread on here, I think this one is dropping off my DVR list... too bad.

Interview with Britton on her choice to go: http://tvline.com/2017/02/23/connie-britton-leaving-nashville-rayna-death-interview/

I am bummed because DH and I made time to watch this as we both liked it...and now it we are just have this weird sadness about it. Well, need to find a different show because I REALLY don't care for Tandie and Teddy . Anyone else notice a little weight gain on Johnathan Jackson (Avery)? I will miss seeing him tho. Well, it was fun while it lasted. I think the other cast should be looking for other projects....:rolleyes1

I had read that Connie was only staying for 10 episodes so last night was not a shock...plus all the bad foreshadowing of the last 2 episodes. The writing this year is so terrible and where's the singing? We loved this show because it always had really good music. This show is not going to last long.

I had read that Connie was only staying for 10 episodes so last night was not a shock...plus all the bad foreshadowing of the last 2 episodes. The writing this year is so terrible and where's the singing? We loved this show because it always had really good music. This show is not going to last long.

I suspect that you are correct about the show not lasting long. It was already having trouble attracting viewers. I would not be surprised if this last episode results in an immediate drop in the number of people watching it.

Plus, with the character around whom the entire show revolved now gone, it is going to become a significantly different show. I could end up being wrong, but I don't think the changes will make the show better and I can see the ratings drop off a cliff.

Pretty sure the show budget dropped drastically when it was "rescued from cancellation" by CMT... filming and writing is not at the level of a major network.

Juliette's mom died around the time of the CMT's, ironic for Rayna to do so, too.

Anyone notice, in the funeral scenes, no flowers visible, and a VERY small crowd.

I'm irrationally angry about this. I knew she'd be limited but I thought they'd send her on tour or something. I had thought about letting the show go after they had wrapped things up. I wish I had. I think I'm done with Nashville.

Pretty sure the show budget dropped drastically when it was "rescued from cancellation" by CMT... filming and writing is not at the level of a major network.

Juliette's mom died around the time of the CMT's, ironic for Rayna to do so, too.

Anyone notice, in the funeral scenes, no flowers visible, and a VERY small crowd.
Have they had the funeral already - did I miss an episode? Her death was in the episode this past Thursday - right? :confused:

Have they had the funeral already - did I miss an episode? Her death was in the episode this past Thursday - right? :confused:

They showed the funeral in the previews for next week's episode. I don't read or watch anything that gives me spoilers, so I had no clue what was going to happen. That scene of Deacon, Maddie and Daphne in her hospital room at the end had me in tears, which doesn't happen often for tv shows. I have a feeling the shows best days are behind it. I may just count this season as 'the end' for me on it

They showed the funeral in the previews for next week's episode. I don't read or watch anything that gives me spoilers, so I had no clue what was going to happen. That scene of Deacon, Maddie and Daphne in her hospital room at the end had me in tears, which doesn't happen often for tv shows. I have a feeling the shows best days are behind it. I may just count this season as 'the end' for me on it
Thanks. I though this season "vibed weird" from the first episode. I'll keep watching but I won't be surprised or very disappointed if this is the last. :rotfl:DH's comment was "Good. Now maybe she can go back to making Friday Night Lights where she belongs." He still misses that show...

Thanks. I though this season "vibed weird" from the first episode. I'll keep watching but I won't be surprised or very disappointed if this is the last. :rotfl:DH's comment was "Good. Now maybe she can go back to making Friday Night Lights where she belongs." He still misses that show...
OMG!! DH said basically the same thing!!!! I always referred to that as his soap opera and he said "nonsense -- it's a football show"! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!