New Re-Imagined Test Track

jakeybake

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else seen this yet? This is directly off of the Disney World site.

Am I the only one a bit nervous about how this could turn out? Read below.

Jay

"Beginning this fall, Epcot guests will be able to enjoy a re-imagined version of the popular Future World attraction, Test Track presented by Chevrolet.

This new version of the attraction will transform the current testing workshop into the sleek “Chevrolet Design Center at Epcot,” where guests can become immersed in the fun – and fast – world of automotive design. Here, guests will become automotive designers and create their own custom vehicles. Next, they’ll buckle into a six-person SimCar ride vehicle and test out their design on the challenging track of the Test Track course.

Afterward, guests can take a fascinating look into the future of transportation by viewing a collection of the latest Chevrolet vehicles in an all-new showroom.

This fun new experience is the result of a renewed, multi-year business relationship between Disney and General Motors, companies that have worked together for more than 30 years."

I was just coming to post about this, I wonder how long test track will be down to make the change.

The "SimCar" piece worries me.

I hope it's not a simulation ride now as opposed to the actual ride it is now.

There are enough simulation rides now. What makes Test Track great is that you feel a part of the ride and get some wind in your hair!

Jay

This sounds really interesting to me. I wonder if it will involve an interactive queue??? Heaven knows the existing queue, while interesting to look at, is long enough most of the time that having an interactive component like designing a dream car would make the wait in line easier.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what they're doing with it. Its lacking details. Do we know when this will be happening?

I hope its not a simulated ride like 'sum of all thrills' is......... that would suck..... even if Test Track DOES need a refurb

I'm not sure I understand exactly what they're doing with it. Its lacking details. Do we know when this will be happening?

It says sometime in the fall.

My kids will be bummed if it's down for our August visit, and even more bummed if they change it significantly. There are already so few "rides" at Epcot. Why mess around with what IMHO is the parks most popular ride?

Jay

I think what they are announcing is an addition to the post-ride activity and car showroom area of Test Track. I think the main ride stays the same but the simulation car attraction will be in that activity area.

UPDATE: This interpretation is wrong. The entire ride is going to be updated with a new "design your car" feature in the queue, tied to the car you ride on the existing track.

Next, they’ll buckle into a six-person SimCar ride vehicle and test out their design on the challenging track of the Test Track course.
."[/I][/B]

Will we still be able to ride the ride or will it be like a sit in one place version lol

Since the OP mentions testing on the track, I think it's safe to say that it will still be there. At least I hope so. That final high speed run is my favourite part of the whole ride.

Just read the blog entry and am a bit confused as well. Subbing to this in hopes more info is available. I'd hate to see the ride closed for refurb during out August visit! It's our favorite Epcot "ride",and this year will be the first year out son will be tall enough to ride it.

I think what they are announcing is an addition to the post-ride activity and car showroom area of Test Track. I think the main ride stays the same but the simulation car attraction will be in that activity area.

This is what I took from this, too. I sure hope so. We are bringing my dd's friend in July and her only must do is Test Track! It was the first thing she said to me when she was told she was coming with! I hope it is not closed!

The "simcar" has me worried. I am hoping they realize people dont want to sit in a simulator and go nowhere!! I am hoping the "simcar" part is the in car video screen they have now. Maybe letting you choose what "car" you experience on the track? Possibly showing how tippy a SUV can be and how fast a sports car would go and how each handles the different tracks? Maybe the ride based on what you choose? Different car different experience? Here's hoping!! Also So sad it wont be open in August for my Nephews first trip :( He will be 11 and this ride would be perfect for him. Hoping for a soft opening while we are there (end of August). :)

Since the OP mentions testing on the track, I think it's safe to say that it will still be there. At least I hope so. That final high speed run is my favourite part of the whole ride.

My favorite too - without that, I wouldn't bother with waiting in line for it. (OK, maybe once :goodvibes).

To help clarify (taken from MAGIC):

Significantly, the attraction will become "Test Track Presented by Chevrolet", in-place of the current "GM Test Track", with a new focus on the Chevrolet brand, rather than the wider GM group.

The current testing workshop of the queue area will be replaced with the "Chevrolet Design Center" where guests will use workstations to become automotive designers. Surrounding the queue area will be concept vehicles and models. Once guests have designed their vehicle, they will board the existing Test Track ride system, newly named "SimCar", to put their design through its paces. The post show area will give guests a score of how well their concept vehicle performed, along with the chance to see the latest Chevy models in a brand-new showroom.

This is what I took from this, too. I sure hope so. We are bringing my dd's friend in July and her only must do is Test Track! It was the first thing she said to me when she was told she was coming with! I hope it is not closed!

I was very confused by the blog article and I'm hoping that this is what the new addition is.

Sorry to disappoint, but odds are good that it will not be available in July. :sad1:

I'm wondering if that may virtual. Like Virtual Space Mountain ans Sum of all Thrills. Or even just like a computer simulation video. That would be cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter