New policy for SW Luv vouchers

drise

Mouseketeer
I just called Southwest today to get an extension on my ticketless travel funds by requesting a LUV voucher. I read hear that you can do that in writing and exend the credits for 6 months. Well, guess what, today, July 2, they instituted a new policy of charging $50/ticket to do that. And my credits apparently were from 2 different tkts booked at the same time and I would have $100 deducted from my credit. I know that's still better than most airlines, but I would not have switched my flights to save money if I had known that. So FYI:guilty:

Wow! So sorry to hear that.
A few months ago I called to request vouchers for credits totalling about $200 and came from 4 different flights so 4 vouchers. This would have depleted my entire credit. whew, that's really a steep price.
Like so many good things, they just don't last. I guess we should be thankful that they still let us pool credits and not charge change/cancellation fees.

Thats a bummer!!! I was counting on being able to do that with my current credit.:sad1:

I was told the same thing when I called a couple months ago. The first lady I talked to said that it was a $50 charge per ticket that I got the funds from. I had called the 1-800-435-9792. I ended calling back a different # - i think it was (214) 792-4223 and They ended up sending me luv vouchers, even though on the first call they would not. What number did you call? If it was the 800 one, you may want to try the other one. It can't hurt. HTH:)

are you sure??? I would call the customer relations number (not the 800#)and check again. I know they charge $50 to extend the Rapid Reward which also has to be done in writing. Maybe the rep was confused??

I called the 214-792-4223 number, and told the policy started today!! I called the 800 # and they referred me back to this #. I called a 2nd time and this person told me it was started last week? I may try to call one more time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter