New place to get DAS in AK

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by DWillowBay, Sep 29, 2018.

1. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

I read today on WDWinfo that they are, as of Sept 30, changing the place to get the DAS in Animal Kingdom. The article says that it's moving from The Oasis to Ticket Corner. Is "Ticket Corner" over to the right hand side after park entry.?? :confused3:confused3:confused3 I'm not familiar with the term "ticket corner" as a specific place.

2. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

669987C9-A63D-485F-8A43-D8C0B2C8DC73.jpeg
    This screenshot shows where it is.

I can’t find a picture that actually shows what it looks like.
    Keep in mind that the location handles more than DAS. It also handles Fastpass assistance, ticket upgrades and ticketing issues.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tobin04

tobin04 Mouseketeer

I can’t for the life of me figure out what DAS stands for? Help!

5. SueM in MN

Disability Access Service

6. muffyn

muffyn "hmmm*

so you have to go through the park,, & then have to backtrack to pandora?
    cant get it at guest services at front of park?

7. Lilsia

Lilsia DIS Veteran

No, from where you get the DAS, just head to the left and that is where you go to Pandora. The only thing you are missing is the oasis where they have the animal walk through area and that area does not have any attraction for you to have to "back track" to.

8. muffyn

muffyn "hmmm*

thank you, guess i need to find a map with pandora on it! I thought entrance was closer to front of park/

9. SueM in MN

CC621CDA-73C8-48FA-BD19-3EBC13FAFDA0.jpeg
    Animal Kingdom is different from all the other parks. Guests enter the park, but then need to walk thru an area called ‘the Oasis’ before entering Discovery Island, which is the hub with paths to the different lands with the actual attraction areas of the park.
    This is a screenshot of the My Disney Experience app map.
    The park entrance is marked with blue and the main Guest Relations area is circled in blue. The thinner blue line shows the paths to get to Discovery Island.
    I circled the area where DAS can be obtained in red.
    I circled Pandora in yellow marker and the thin yellow lines show the 2 paths that can be used to enter Pandora (one from Discovery Island and one from Africa).

Since all Guests go thru Discovery Island, no backtracking is necessary to get to the location where DAS csn be requested.
    Also, keep in mind that guests don’t need to request DAS in each park. Once DAS has been connected to the guest at one theme park, it is valid and can be used in all 4 Theme parks.

Lilsia likes this.
  10. reichinger

reichinger Earning My Ears

Animal Kingdom is our first park of our visit so I planned to arrive before the park opened to get it all set and our stroller as a wheelchair pass. Are both those now at the new location? And is this accessible before park opening?

11. gap2368

gap2368 DIS Veteran

Depending on where they hold you up this might be accessible or it might not but it is close to where they hold you up. Or it was close when I was there in September I already had my DAS so I did not go over there