New Orleans to MCO 4/22-25

justhat

<font color=teal>DC DISer<br><font color=red>pick
We want to bring my 17yo BIL with us to WDW fro a weekend in April and so we've been checking the airfare for him from New Orleans to Orlando. It was pretty consistant at $174rt since January 3rd when we started looking. Last May my SILs and niece came with us and their fare was $142rt (went down to $80rt on SW after they bought on Delta), so we kept thinking it would go down from the $174.

Well now it has gone up to $228rt on SW!! He can't leave before about 4:30pm on the 22nd and wants to leave as late as possible on the 25th and the best we've seen is $208rt for a nonstop (he's not too thrilled about flying, really got scared after 9/11, so we'd rather not have him connect).

Anyone fly out of New Orleans to know if this is normal? Will the price go down? We live in DC so we don't know much about the market, only what SILs paid last year, but not sure if we were just lucky then or what. We just don't want to not buy now and have the price keep going up!

Hopefully others from the Big Easy can help, but here is what I know.

The weekend you've referenced happens to be the starting weekend of Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Tons of people fly into the city for this. Hopefully the airlines will be trying to fill the outbound planes, so they'll reduce prices. Not really sure if this will be the case.

Good luck!

Thanks, I hope that's the case. It's the outbound flight we're having trouble with too so maybe there's hope. I'm surprised my husband didn't think about Jazz Fest (he grew up in NO).

We fly out of MSY too. Usually the best fares are with SW and Delta. SW's flights are direct and Delta has a few direct flights but they are on small planes and usually sell out pretty quickly. The other flights on Delta go through Atlanta. You might luck up but I doubt they are going to get any cheaper this close. He might want to drive to the MS Gulf Coast (about an hour away) and catch a flight there. Try Orbitz and see what flights might be available for GPT (Gulfport, MS). I know they used to have directs flights to MCO and the price wasn't that high. Hope this helps.

We fly out of MSY for every trip (2-3 times per year) and looking back on the fares we've paid, oddly enough, it was $281 just about every time for 2 of us RT on Southwest. Now, we always use rapid rewards certificates for our Mardi Gras trips because fares are always higher then but other times of the year, it's always been the same. HTH.

Thanks. We're thinking we'll buy his return ticket since it's about $80 for that leg, and we'll hope the outbound flight comes down in price from the $131 is is now. We're hoping for the $142 we got last year (and that you seem to get too lulu). Congrats on the upcoming baby!

We used to live in New Orleans, and I never paid more than $160rt per person going to MCO. But I was always looking for the new fares, and I planned pretty far in advance. Sign up for their newsletter, and check the site first thing on Tues am (they add specials on Tues). One good thing about SW is: once you book, if the rate drops, contact them, and they will credit you (for future use, not back in your pocket) the difference.

Of course, now living in AZ, if I can get 4 tickets for around $1000, I am ecstatic!! Perspective is an amazing thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!