New neighbor construction update w/photos

qjMVYWT.png

Such a shame... if they just dialed it back 10%, it wouldn't have been very intrusive to the Fort.
This is obnoxious, and so sad. All that property and they have to intrude on the quiet Fort

Chapie,

I agree this is starting to look worse for the Settlement area. It sounds like the Fort will be getting a new beach to the other side of the boat dock, since Reflections will be taking Clementine's. That could still be ok. Closer to the Trading Post.

As for all the open space Disney could have used. There isn't that much water front land available, especially in the MK area. A good portion of the land to the north and east reportedly isn't suitable for building.

j

The expansion of the beach to the other side gives me hope that the Fort is in Disney’s long term plans. The new resort will definitely impact the lakefront - that feeling of tranquility you got as you approached it from the water will be gone. It’s going to look like the developed waterfront of Wilderness Lodge or Poly which are great for what they are, but they aren’t the “natural” wilderness look of the Fort beach area. Construction is very close to the settlement area and the construction fences at the bus loop and at the group camping gives the impression that the Fort ends - it didn’t have that feeling before.

I do hope that building this resort will focus Disney’s attention elsewhere on their property for a very long time.

Holy Moly, I'm slippin' in my old age. When we were there in September we did the Segway tour. We stopped on the easterly side of the boat dock.
They took our picture from there with the Castle and Space Mountain in the background. That area was the permanent rope fencing that they put up recently, about 6' from the waterline.
Between the fence and the water was stakes with elevations written on them. I thought that they were from the fence installation, but now I'm wondering if it's for new beach? :confused3
It would be a great view of the fireworks from that vantage point

012B36CC-186A-47FB-9252-F5BCAFCF6F90.jpeg 10B48AF3-5DC7-40E3-B921-9D194B78F3F0.jpeg
Holy Moly, I'm slippin' in my old age. When we were there in September we did the Segway tour. We stopped on the easterly side of the boat dock.
They took our picture from there with the Castle and Space Mountain in the background. That area was the permanent rope fencing that they put up recently, about 6' from the waterline.
Between the fence and the water was stakes with elevations written on them. I thought that they were from the fence installation, but now I'm wondering if it's for new beach? :confused3
It would be a great view of the fireworks from that vantage point
They haven’t gotten that far around that area but they might. Here is a picture of it taken over the construction fence - notice the new rocks at the shoreline. The rope fence is down and it seems that they will be installing a deck or boardwalk. The shady picture is taken from the sidewalk heading to the dock so you can see where construction starts.

It will be a nice view.

Personally,

I like the idea of the beach moving to the other side of the dock. The Boat House will give a good separation from the new resort buildings and like Tigger92662 said, the view to the fireworks is better on that side. So we have one positive so far...

j

That makes sense. When we took the pictures we were farther to the east. But yeah I like the idea of moving down farther away from the new construction.

I just came here to post that ^

I assume DW understands how important the fort is, and hope they will preserve it as much as possible. Maybe even expanding to the other side -away from- reflections.

Maybe for the next hurricane they can put up all the campers at the new resort, those are some mighty big parking lots. And it would be close so when the Fort reopens, one does not have to move far.

Saw this posted...

Massive Impacts Coming for Fort Wilderness as Permits Reveal Layout of Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge http://blogmickey.com/2019/05/massi...ayout-of-reflections-a-disney-lakeside-lodge/

View attachment 399241

I just came here to post that ^

Me, too!

If you scroll down that blog post, it shows where Pioneer Hall is in relation to the new construction. It's not going to be as "wildernessy", which makes me very sad. :sad1:

Like at WL, I guess trees don't earn revenue; even though they are pretty important in other ways!

Over in the Rumors and News forum, the moderator is stating that there will be a new Pioneer Hall. Any ideas where?

Over in the Rumors and News forum, the moderator is stating that there will be a new Pioneer Hall. Any ideas where?

I thought I read somewhere (and hope it’s wrong) that it will be the same building with a new entrance facing the Reflections side.

According to WDWNT
Pioneer Hall, home to the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue, and the next-door establishments Crockett’s Tavern, Trail’s End Restaurant, and P & J’s Southern Takeout are expected to stay open, serving visitors to both Reflections and Fort Wilderness.

...so that sounds like it will be staying put, for now. But doesn’t mean there won’t be a new one.

Anyway, they are really horning in on FW. Man those parking lots are huge. They should’ve just made it a DVC extension with shared amenities.

Last edited:
I saw that post over there on Rumors, Lehuaann. Thanks for sharing.

That's the general shape of the resort that his been on paper for at least 8 years. One change was the bunglows placed on either side. The bungalows over at the old playground and beach look like one row on the beach and one row about where the tree line is (guess they'll be cut down).

In seeing how the parking lot is laid out, I'm glad they decided to rebuild the Tri Circle D horse barn in the SW corner of C-109. That put the squeeze on the earlier design for that central parking lot that was supposed to be bigger and more square shaped had the new barn not been there (original plans were to build the new barn up by the horse ride corrals). That squeezed more parking spaces over to the west/left of the drawing which originally was going to be smaller and resembled a valet or CM parking lot.

I would be surprised if Pioneer hall was done away with. Reoriented, maybe but I'd bet not. If anything will be "rebuilt", it might be the Mickey's Backyard BBQ someplace. In the original plans, it was going to be rebuilt near the Settlement Trading Post that will now be the location of the new FW beach.

Bama Ed

@bama_ed @Lehuaann The other poster claims he has all the site plans and that a new town center is coming to the Settlement area including a new Pioneer Hall. He’s been very accurate so far. The plans that show the work on the FW side between Pioneer Hall and the store haven’t been leaked as far as I’ve seen so it’s still possible. I’m curious if the expectation is that the resort and FW share amenities including QS. We also haven’t seen the plans that address the work IN the water - the dock either needs to grow a lot or a new one has to be built. My guess is that the Fort work, the beach work, the work in the water are desperate permits from Reflections and haven’t attracted the attention.

If they exist, please point me at them. I love site plans.

@bama_ed @Lehuaann The other poster claims he has all the site plans and that a new town center is coming to the Settlement area including a new Pioneer Hall. He’s been very accurate so far. The plans that show the work on the FW side between Pioneer Hall and the store haven’t been leaked as far as I’ve seen so it’s still possible. I’m curious if the expectation is that the resort and FW share amenities including QS. We also haven’t seen the plans that address the work IN the water - the dock either needs to grow a lot or a new one has to be built. My guess is that the Fort work, the beach work, the work in the water are desperate permits from Reflections and haven’t attracted the attention.

If they exist, please point me at them. I love site plans.

I think they will share amenities such as dining, amcc, since we are co-located. Other amenities, no. I hope I don't catch any of them hotel types sneaking into the Meadow Swimming Pool. Pool Hopping is a no-no. :sad2:

Bama Ed

PS - and if Pioneer Hall has to go, that would be a serious blow to me.

I hate to see the resort cutting into Fort Wilderness. I think I'll try to make some money out of it though. I plan on getting a site in the 100 loop and buying 5 golf carts. I'll rent them out for $50 per hours to the rich DVC people who want to look around the Fort. That should pay for my site at the Fort for quite a while.

I must have missed it but has anyone posted exactly where the new barn is going to be ? We were told by a horse handler CM in February that they didnt even know for sure.

I must have missed it but has anyone posted exactly where the new barn is going to be ?
Back on page 1 I posted some plans for a new building across from the Settlement bus stop, where there is cart parking now. Turns out those are the plans for the new stables. Not far from the current location and a little more accessible.

j

They have already cleared and are beginning to fill in the area where the new barn is going. It is directly across the street from the old barn. Just think if you were standing on the old sidewalk to the Lodge and looked left towards the CG it goes to just past the old train tracks near the back of the 700 loop and if you look right it goes all the way to the back road that goes to group camping. The trees have all been taken down around what was River Country and you can see the Lodge and Bay Lake towers if you are at the barn and look that way especially now since the BYBBG is gone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!