New member/First DVC trip in two weeks!!

farrz4

Earning My Ears
We are taking out first trip to WDW as DVC members! We are staying our first two nights at AKV-J and the last three at our home resort, Poly! We have never stayed at either resort before so it is very exciting for us! (DW, DH, DD x2)

As new DVC members, I'm wondering if anyone can give me tips, tricks, suggestions, to make the most of being a DVC member while there! Perks? Anything! We are very excited that our trip will be during the 25th anniversary party too!!

THANK YOU!!!

Congrats and welcome home!! We own at AKV, but the last trip and again in April, we split stay between AKV and poly! We love it!

Take your DVC member card everywhere. The savings between food and souvenirs do add up! When we split stay we tend to enjoy AKL and visit AK park and HS during the first half and while at poly the monorail makes it very easy to go in and out of MK and Epcot.

Enjoy!!!

Since you'll be staying at the Poly, you'll be very close to BLT. Definitely take advantage of the DVC perk to visit TOTWL and watch Wishes from there!

Congrats!

Since this is your first trip with DVC I would just say maybe slow down a little bit and enjoy some of the things at your resort. Especially Trader Sams! I also love walking around the resort early morning before everyone is awake and late at night when everyone is asleep. It is a completely different perspective.

Welcome Home!!! in AKL take time to enjoy the resort, and the savannahs, they have a fire, and roast marshmallows every night. Engage the cast members, they are so knowledgeable and will share stories of their home.
At Poly see Wishes from the beach, which is amazing. Poly is also a fabulous resort, and take advantage of the monorail and the boats over to MK. Venture out and eat at the other resorts...you will get to see the fabulous decor and also they have great counter choice options to table service.
Most of all remember take it easy no need to be a park commando....you'll be coming back because you are a DVC owner!!! Enjoy your trip and let us know how it went

AKV is my favorite resort. I hope you are planning on doing a resort-only trip and skip the parks altogether this trip, since it will be so short.
Is your daughter 2 years old, or do you have 2 daughters? It will be so great, especially with such a short trip, to really relax and enjoy the resorts, and savor everything in a new way. Save the parks for another, longer trip. This is your "new DVC member" trip. Yeah!
Enjoy. :welcome:

Congrats!

Since this is your first trip with DVC I would just say maybe slow down a little bit and enjoy some of the things at your resort. Especially Trader Sams! I also love walking around the resort early morning before everyone is awake and late at night when everyone is asleep. It is a completely different perspective.
Thank you!!

AKV is my favorite resort. I hope you are planning on doing a resort-only trip and skip the parks altogether this trip, since it will be so short.
Is your daughter 2 years old, or do you have 2 daughters? It will be so great, especially with such a short trip, to really relax and enjoy the resorts, and savor everything in a new way. Save the parks for another, longer trip. This is your "new DVC member" trip. Yeah!
Enjoy. :welcome:
Thank you!! Two girls - 11 and 8. No, we are going to be nonstop!! But, we kind of like it that way. We have been on the every two year trip and decided it was about time to just become members! When the girls get a little older and can venture on their own, I think my husband and I will enjoy the resorts a little more! Although, we are going to use our first day there to check out AKV! I'm pretty excited about it!

Welcome Home!!! in AKL take time to enjoy the resort, and the savannahs, they have a fire, and roast marshmallows every night. Engage the cast members, they are so knowledgeable and will share stories of their home.
At Poly see Wishes from the beach, which is amazing. Poly is also a fabulous resort, and take advantage of the monorail and the boats over to MK. Venture out and eat at the other resorts...you will get to see the fabulous decor and also they have great counter choice options to table service.
Most of all remember take it easy no need to be a park commando....you'll be coming back because you are a DVC owner!!! Enjoy your trip and let us know how it went
Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter