New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

What were the line ups at the hubs like? Also, which one were you going for, first thing? How long did it take you to get on your ride of choice?

I didn't think the crowd in the hub seemed bad at all, from my perspective. I was heading towards BTMR so took the Liberty Square bridge. Other than that first 30 feet before everyone peels off right to go on the path to the right of the castle (to go to 7DMT), it was a breeze. They held us for a minute further into the Liberty Square area, but then it was smooth sailing. I was on the ride in 5-10 minutes, would have been on the first train of the day if my 6 year old could walk faster. :-)

We are hoping for Space Mountain first thing. In other years, we were able to walk with purpose and get there at the front of the pack. I'm wondering how early I need to be in that crowd (if there is a crowd).

@GADisneyDad14 what time did you settle in to wait at the hub?

We are hoping for Space Mountain first thing. In other years, we were able to walk with purpose and get there at the front of the pack. I'm wondering how early I need to be in that crowd (if there is a crowd).

I literally just walked right up with about a minute left in the castle show. I was running late (Poly boat let me down....) so unfortunately didn't take any pics so I could check time stamps to know exactly!

I use Disney DAS card ( it is for people with disability ) and have gone to RD I have stayed at the end of RD and gone to 7DMT to get a return time on my DAS pass and then gone to space ( so maybe 10 minutes after RD ) and I was able to go walk on space get off and walk on again. I do not see you having any problem with any long line at space in the first 30 minutes of park opening

For those of you who have seen the new show - would you rather watch the new show or be at the front of the 7DMT line and miss the show? I heard if you're at the front of the 7DMT line then the show is blocked because you are too far forward.

For those of you who have seen the new show - would you rather watch the new show or be at the front of the 7DMT line and miss the show? I heard if you're at the front of the 7DMT line then the show is blocked because you are too far forward.
I would rather be in the front of the 7DMT line ( now you can see some of the show, depending on where you stand ) you can ear the show and you can youtube the show to see if it is something you really want to watch, or you can be as close to the front as you can get and still see the show and just walk as fast as you can, this may mean you have to wait about 15 minute to ride.

Was at MK this morning.
They let us in at 7:45am
Caseys is NOT opened for breakfast that early, they open at 10am, they still have the cronuts and hash brown hot dog
Plaza Ice Cream and Starbucks opened at 8am with their breakfast items

I am hearing more reports that with a 8am regular opening they are not applying the new opening procedure and letting people in an hour early, and holding everyone back until right before 8, which means congestion bottleneck city. I am really bummed about this because they have changed the opening time to 8 for our entire week now and so we won't get to experience this, and no train show either...boo!

I am hearing more reports that with a 8am regular opening they are not applying the new opening procedure and letting people in an hour early, and holding everyone back until right before 8, which means congestion bottleneck city. I am really bummed about this because they have changed the opening time to 8 for our entire week now and so we won't get to experience this, and no train show either...boo!

There haven't been enough 8am openings to determine what the procedure is.
The first I went to we were let in early (it was on main street about 7:30 but it was open before)
The second we were let in at 7:50
Both times the welcome show happened though

I would not call it congestion city though. There's not very many people there that early, and they still held everyone at the spoke until actual open. Everyone was very civil while I was there, and the spokes were much emptier than 9am openings

I'm going to be very interested in how this all plays out, since the 8am opening procedure hasn't been consistent, as the busy seasons start up. An 8am opening on a slower time period in Jan. or Feb. is much different than an 8am opening say for Spring Break crowds, Easter crowds, Memorial Day crowds, Summer crowds, etc. Hopefully by then they stick with one option (and hopefully people really do get that extra hour to leisurely walk down main street because I think that would quite nice myself). Really a guest shouldn't have to play the coin toss game to figure out what they are going to do.

Sorry, I just couldn't wade thru 48 pages.

When you enter early before the show at the castle, what lands are open? Are they roped off in some way to prevent getting to an attraction before it opens at 9am?

Dan

Sorry, I just couldn't wade thru 48 pages.

When you enter early before the show at the castle, what lands are open? Are they roped off in some way to prevent getting to an attraction before it opens at 9am?

Dan

None, all paths out of the hub are blocked off with ropes and CMs.

None, all paths out of the hub are blocked off with ropes and CMs.

Thank you!

RIP old MK Opening show. The MK opening show was the most amazing surprise of our very first trip to WDW in 2010. Even with all the planning we did, for some reason we didn't know anything about it. Imagine our surprise when the show starts, then the dancing and music, and then the kicker was the train coming in with all the characters. I remember thinking at that moment how blessed I was to be there with my kids and wife. Amazing. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Got me choked up at the time. Thinking about it takes me right back there. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Dan

Thank you!

RIP old MK Opening show. The MK opening show was the most amazing surprise of our very first trip to WDW in 2010. Even with all the planning we did, for some reason we didn't know anything about it. Imagine our surprise when the show starts, then the dancing and music, and then the kicker was the train coming in with all the characters. I remember thinking at that moment how blessed I was to be there with my kids and wife. Amazing. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Got me choked up at the time. Thinking about it takes me right back there. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Dan

I very much agree with you and felt the same. However, after experiencing the new show with my son last week, I did get a few of the same feels. We were running late and didn't catch the beginning of it. Around Casey's when you could see/hear something going on at the castle, my son started grabbing my hand and running saying "daddy, hurry up, I want to see the show." We made our way closer and I held him up. At that moment, that one brief moment, he was the happiest boy in the world. We go a lot and he's seen countless various castle shows, but he was still in awe of the music, the charachters, and the moment. Whatever emotional connection I had to the old show really didn't matter at that point. :-)

I would rather be in the front of the 7DMT line ( now you can see some of the show, depending on where you stand ) you can ear the show and you can youtube the show to see if it is something you really want to watch, or you can be as close to the front as you can get and still see the show and just walk as fast as you can, this may mean you have to wait about 15 minute to ride.

Thanks. I'm trying to knock out 7DMT, Buzz, and Space Mountain before 9am on an EMH and be headed to BTMRR at 9. But now that I typed this...when is the open show on EMH days? 9am? I just confused myself.

So I have not read this whole thread... but I'm assuming this means it's impossible to get the empty street pictures before the park opens? We usually always do an adr before the park opens so we can get some nice pictures. how has it been working out so far? Is it still worth getting an early adr at bog?
Thanks

Thanks. I'm trying to knock out 7DMT, Buzz, and Space Mountain before 9am on an EMH and be headed to BTMRR at 9. But now that I typed this...when is the open show on EMH days? 9am? I just confused myself.
the show is at 9 or it was when I was down there last month I think you could get there at 8 go on 7DMT and be done by 830 go on and then maybe do space and buzz and be out maybe in time to see the opening show maybe is the key word or you can save one for after ( not 7DMT)

So I have not read this whole thread... but I'm assuming this means it's impossible to get the empty street pictures before the park opens? We usually always do an adr before the park opens so we can get some nice pictures. how has it been working out so far? Is it still worth getting an early adr at bog?
Thanks
ADR get in about 10 to 15 minutes before every one else dose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter