New Live Show @ Studios: The Bourne Stuntacular - Now Open

atricks

DIS Veteran
This was put on the Official Universal website then later pulled, but mentioning it since the announcement is likely coming very soon. Anyway this show is taking place of what was Terminator 2: 3D in the studios. The Jason Bourne film series may be an odd choice, but from the folks I know involved with the show the show itself will be pretty darn amazing. (Up there with waterworld)

Probably opens in March/April

I tried to post a screenshot of one of the articles on the official annual passholder page.
It was deleted in less than 5 minutes :rotfl:

It was deleted ever so quickly wasn't it.....lol.....

Thing is, this isn't even a surprise, it`s been the worst kept secret ever!!

We`ll give it a try anyway.

According to this article, they state they managed to get the information from the AP article before it was deleted and put it in their own:
https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/th...ing-to-universal-studios-florida-spring-2020/As they said in the article, things could slightly change, including the name due to them deleting the article. I do not know about that, but I kind of hope Universal does, as "Stuntacular" seems a little too extra on them trying too hard to make it sound epic (which is their other favorite word). As uncreative as it would be, just "stunt show" I felt would have been fine, or at least just give a movie-like title, like they did with T2.

As of right now (47 minutes ago) Universal posted a video of the logo (seen above) on Facebook. It has a link, but when I go to it on my phone it shows what's coming up next, but I see no reference to the show.

AP newsletter email announcement received a few minutes ago. So, it is being advertised now. Interesting stage with stunts.

This is now soft opened, and I went out to Universal around 1:30 yesterday, they weren't doing any shows on any regular schedule, but I was by it when they started lining up for a ~2PM show (or a little after 2PM==edit it was 2:40pm we just lined up around 2). The screen and props are flat amazing, it's hard to tell at times when it is real or not. The show had a glitch toward the end and they had to stop it (there was a ton of management in the back watching) But it took a while to get through, the preshow room was half filled but the theater held more than the preshow room could (with distancing) so they walked some right from the indoor queue straight into the theater.

Show is legitimately good, lots of detail to take in and stunts were good, flow and lineup was pretty amazing. i'll have to go back to see if I can get through a whole show. (It died during the Dubai helicopter sequence) The weakest part was the plot itself, but the execution of the show was so well done I forgot about it. Visually stunning is the best way to put it. If you go to the park DO NOT MISS this.

The show was much better than what I expected originally. Precision accuracy in sets, action, and film, lots more live action than Terminator had, no 3D Glasses, but add in Broadway style moving sets and you got this show.

I watched it on YT. It convinced me enough to check it out next time I'm at Uni, at least. I would like to see how it looks in person.

In line now-couple manager type TMs just walked by so here’s hoping we get in soon:flower1:

Attachments

• E541127E-EB42-4C5B-BD07-8D13BAB2CE87.jpeg
    E541127E-EB42-4C5B-BD07-8D13BAB2CE87.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 16
:thanks:

Just watched it, sweet!
It does look good. I forwarded it to a two different people whom aren’t familiar with the franchise. Hate to compare the two big parks’ offerings, but both said pretty much the same thing...appears to be a modern take on the Indy stunt show idea. I still enjoy that show, have a feeling I’m going to love this :)

I`m not the biggest Bourne fan, but it does look to be a good show!

T2 was my sneaky nap time! Yep, I could sleep right through that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts