New little mermaid ride....having big problems?

I was there this past week and it seemed to me a lot of the fish were not functioning (or at least were just sitting there) in the "Under the Sea" portion of the ride. (for example, clams that looked like they were supposed to open and close were stationary, some of the fish playing musical instruments, etc.)

Also, the Ariel figure was completely motionless in that scene. I watched a video on Youtube and it is supposed to be a detailed animatronic, so I guess they had her turned off that day. You definitely don't expect to see stationary figures on the Disney rides and it kind of jumps out at you when you do. I was surprised such a new attraction would have so many glitches already.

It was my first time on the ride so I had no frame of reference, but it looked like something was not functioning properly. Maybe they will have to switch to strobe-lighting a "Disco Ariel" like on Everest. :confused3

Not my favorite.. Just like its a small world. Would have loved the submarine thing instead. Seven leagues under the sea...

Be careful what you ask for, I thought the Nemo Submarines were the biggest disappointment of my last trip to Disneyland. Crammed into an uncomfortable metal tube, squinting out these itty bitty windows. Such a waste of space and time.

We actually like the Under the sea ride in both parks. No, it's not a headliner, but our 2 and 3 year old loved them and its nice to have something that's perfect for the preschool set. In a way, it may be a better fit for DCA since that park doesn't have a lot of little kid rides, so it fills a gap quite nicely. In Fantasyland, there are lots of other rides that are very similar, and I get the sense that people were really expecting something more exciting. Hopefully that means the crowds will soon tire of it and it will become a fun ride with a short wait for the kiddie crowd like it is on the West coast soon.

It was open yesterday when we were there. We've gone the last three Saturdays in a row and been able to ride the new Under the Sea ride every time. :) I haven't seen it broken down the last three Saturdays. But, we may have just got lucky with the timing.

It was funny actually, the People Mover was down a lot yesterday. We tried to get on that so many times and it would break down every time we were in line.. lol Finally did get on it, but, have to be flexible.

Additionally, Pirates of the Caribbean was down, but, because the crowds were crazy yesterday, we just bought snacks and decided to have an early lunch right there hanging out around the ride. When it reopened we were on the ride in under 5 minutes. Which was fantastic because we simply can't stand in the line that ride gets with a 2 year old and no fast pass.. lol

We always get fast pass for Ariel. At least I think when you have fast pass and it's out of order temporarily that they give you another fast pass.
After snagging Ariel, as soon as we can we snag a fast pass for Winnie the Pooh which usually gives a Dumbo surprise fast pass as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter