New little mermaid ride....having big problems?

We were at DLR last week for 4 days and never saw it down. I also never saw it with longer than a 5 minute wait either.

Btw, she never had problems with her hair, since WDW never received the Dole Whip doo in the the first place. She's always had the underwater ponytail.

Seems like I read something somewhere about a hair issue on this ride but it was with King Whats-his-face's beard. :upsidedow Can't be positive since I'm going on memory.

We were just there from Marathon weekend through MLK day and were in the MK about 5 of those day. I only saw the ride down once during the afternoon.

Also, this was one of my 2yo DS favorite rides this trip (aside from Dumbo and Goofy's Barnstormer of course) :thumbsup2

I've always strongly associated with Ursula. I pretty much am her without the tentacles and pet eels.

We were there during the previews in October. The ride stopped twice while we were on it - one time for quite a few minutes so my 3 year old hates it.

So strange... I've never seen the one at DCA down (and I go a lot.) It's also almost always a walk on, but that's because it's been there for awhile. I personally love that ride and am sad to see that so many people don't like it. The Little Mermaid came out when I was 3 years old and was one of my very favorite childhood movies, so that ride is very special to me. :)

I was there last month and there was no problem with it..I got lucky and went when there was no line!! THe ride is adorable!!!!!

SydneyJoLynn said:
The ride has been up and down a lot FREQUENTLY within the last two months. Right now, some quickly-scheduled maintenance was diagnosed for the ride.

Anyways, from what I've been hearing Flotsam and Jetsam FINALLY move, and the Ariel in the big Under the Sea scene is working properly again. Btw, she never had problems with her hair, since WDW never received the Dole Whip doo in the the first place. She's always had the underwater ponytail.

Flotsam and Jetsam are supposed to move?!!! If so, I never saw them move once when I was there late November-Mid December :(

It was down on Super Bowl Sunday and thankfully they put up the easel regarding the fastpasses at the front of new Fantasyland because we were able to see it was back up on our way to Philharmagic. We noticed Ariel was a little cross eyed in the Under the Sea part... unless that's intentional, but I somehow doubt it.

We were there Suoerbowl Sunday when it was closed... Then the next day it was closed all morning... And then Thursday there was a sign saying the ride was closing for the day at 6pm... Weird!

We were there Suoerbowl Sunday when it was closed... Then the next day it was closed all morning... And then Thursday there was a sign saying the ride was closing for the day at 6pm... Weird!

LOL, I guess that seems somewhat fitting. ;)

We were there both Wednesday and today, and both days had signs up all morning saying the ride was closed until 1pm. However we weren't there in the afternoon to see if it did open at one.

Seems like I read something somewhere about a hair issue on this ride but it was with King Whats-his-face's beard. :upsidedow Can't be positive since I'm going on memory.

Yes! King Tritons beard used to be white fabric. It looked much more like a turban on his face than actual hair. So he is now the only animatronic in the ride with synthetic hair. [Which, in November, was prone to falling out. So Disney bought him some rogaine.]

Flotsam and Jetsam are supposed to move?!!! If so, I never saw them move once when I was there late November-Mid December

Yep. They are supposed to move. So far, they have only moved for two full days -- December 5th for the Press-Only event, and two days ago. Looks like the eels are suffering from some temporary paralysis again, since they weren't moving again today. :(

Pigletto, I think I like Ursula because she's essentially the drag queen of the Disney brand.

Yes! King Tritons beard used to be white fabric. It looked much more like a turban on his face than actual hair. So he is now the only animatronic in the ride with synthetic hair. [Which, in November, was prone to falling out. So Disney bought him some rogaine.]

Yep. They are supposed to move. So far, they have only moved for two full days -- December 5th for the Press-Only event, and two days ago. Looks like the eels are suffering from some temporary paralysis again, since they weren't moving again today. :(

Seriously? With the exception of the que, this is a clone of the one in DCA. How can one of their main attractions in a brand new land that they hyped to no end be in this condition already? This isn't technologically advanced by any stretch of the imagination. I guess one can only hope the new "family" coaster can eventually open without concern. :rolleyes1

I was disappointed with this ride when we went in November. I think bc it was new I expected more of a technology thing as opposed to what was there. The walk through to the was well done though

Our friends were at MK Jan 25 or 26 and ride stopped and wouldn't restart. They had to "emergency evacuate"!

We were at MK yesterday when it was closed until 1pm. We were more impressed with the queue than the ride. My 9 year old DD summed it up as a "pink Nemo."

This sounds depressing, we are going in a few weeks...Splash is closed and I hop not this now, my girls will be so sad:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter