New Indiana Jones Show in Adventureland

I think that is a great idea. Yeaaaa, I get to meet Califboy ;)

Rain should be done by then.

I think that is a great idea. Yeaaaa, I get to meet Califboy ;)

Rain should be done by then.

and hopefully the tornados too! :scared1:

Yep--I'm excited to meet Califboy too!

Molly--are you and Eamon (hope I got that right) joining for lunch too?

If so there are two more lunch spots available; if not there are four more spots. Or we can try to make an additional reservation if there are more people than that. But they were pretty filled up (i.e., nothing available inside all afternoon) for PSs when I called today, so we need to be quick (and even then might not be successful).

Duh--Molly--just had a thought--is your DH coming with you? Don't know why I thought it was just you and your son . . . . obviously hubby is welcome for lunch too!

The OC Register had reporters at Disneyland today to watch the first day of the new Indy entertainment offerings in Adventureland. It looks like fun!

- They posted a quick blog entry about it.
- They have a short 1:30 video clip with highlights (*spoiler alert*) of the Secret of the Stone Tiger as well as the roving stunt show (streetmosphere) through Adventureland.

Thanks for posting those links. I can't wait to see it in person.

And although it was hard to see for sure, Indy looks pretty darn hot! :smokin:

That is so great some of you are getting a mini meet going. How fun!! :dance3: I can't wait to hear how that goes and what you all think of the show.

Yes, thanks for the links! As I suspected, they have basically used the Alladin & Jasmine Storyttime set--they haven't changed much that I could see. Will be fun to watch--especially with fellow Dis-ers!

Beth--two weeks from tomorrow you'll be in Anaheim!

Yes, thanks for the links! As I suspected, they have basically used the Alladin & Jasmine Storyttime set--they haven't changed much that I could see. Will be fun to watch--especially with fellow Dis-ers!

Beth--two weeks from tomorrow you'll be in Anaheim!
I know!!! Hanging out with you no less. :banana:

toocherie, we're not sure of our schedule that day...it's Boy's actual b'day so it's mainly up to him. So don't add us to the PS.

Ok--so this is the group I have for lunch at 11:50 at Cafe Orleans on Monday May 26th:

me (Cheryl)
Mary Jo
Califgirl (Chris)
Califboy (Chris' husband)
dbanzai (Dave)

I am still waiting to hear if DBF will be joining us or not. In any event I for sure have two spots available if there are any other Dis-ers who want to join us.

We saw the 3:15 show yesterday. As DD8 is going back to school on the 29th we decided to go to KBF and DL yesterday. We spent about 3 hrs. at KBF and then headed to DL. Got there just before 3:00 got in line for the show and luckily we were one of the last to make it.:thumbsup2 Actually the dad and DD behind were the last. Glad I told the family in front of me they were in the wrong line. They thought they were in line for the ride. :rotfl2:

So, DD sat on the ground in front of the stage on the far right side (looking at the stage). There was a CM seated near her-this was important as she was chosen to do something on stage. I grabbed a seat on the end of a row which worked well for recording it.

The show was cute, ran about 16 min. (I took video of complete show). It was mostly a woman archaelogist (Rachel) following Indy's found journal to locate a missing artifact. She gets kids from the audience to help. And of course Indy shows up at the end. I won't tell you what happens after-that way you'll be surprised! :woohoo:

Anyway, I've never uploaded a video before, if I can do it I'll post a link here. But beware, it is the entire show (missing the first 30 sec. or so) so *spoiler alert*.

After the show we went outside and I took a few pix of DD with the photo op thingy. Then Indy showed up over our heads and fought off a bad guy. We didn't see any other action with Indy but we left the area right after that to grab FP for BTMR and go to Pirate Lair.

We also didn't see the map thing which helps you discover clues but I assume it has to do with the ride and we didn't ride it-it was a 45 min. wait. and FP weren't good until after 8 p.m. by then and I knew we would leave before then.

So, now I'm going to try to upload my video. I'll add the link if I'm successful. :goodvibes

Hope you all have a nice meet 'n greet on Monday! :goodvibes

See you all there! I have a meeting with my DVC guide beforehand, but I made it early enough that it shouldn't interfere with the show. If it does, I'll meet you by the entrance.

I'll also be wearing a reddish DVC hat and some... Eye-catching sunglasses.

We just got back from DL. We were there the opening day of this show, but most shows were cancelled due to the rain. We missed seeing it, but we did get the map and clues. Not a big challenge, but it was fun for the kids ages 9, 7, and 4. You basically had to find some clues hidden in the area and from the clues get a 'code' sentence. You don't get anything there doing it, but whenyou get home you put the code in and if you get it right you can download a screensaver. On the back of the map there is also a listing of "relics" to look for.

I too seen this show on Saturday and I too thought the show was pretty good as it's geared towards kids, but it's a fun little show about 15 minutes long. Also in Adventureland depending on what time you show up you'll get to see Indy chasing a bad guy through the streets of Adventureland and on the Jungle Cruise there's about 3 Indy comments from the Skipper, nothing to ruin the original jungle cruise at all.

I just saw it the show earlier today. It was alright. Not sure what I was expecting though. I took DD and cousin, and they weren't that crazy about it either. I wish they would have changed the set a bit more though. We did do the decoded map we enjoyed that. It was really crowded in the area when Indy started chasing that guy, so it was confusing to some as to what was going on. Smaller kids would enjoy it more especially with the participation.

Show-wise, I wasn't ovrely impressed... I was a little surprised it was as violent as it was, which isn't to say it's excessive.

Was great meeting everyone though! Hope the rest of the day went well!

Show-wise, I wasn't ovrely impressed... I was a little surprised it was as violent as it was, which isn't to say it's excessive.

Was great meeting everyone though! Hope the rest of the day went well!

I have to agree with you on violence. I was surprised at it as well. And since it was between those two characters. I thought it was a bit odd.

Nice meeting you too!

I wish that I had read this post earlier. I would have loved to meet up with you guys. My son and I went today, stood in line since they were already letting people in, the kept asking for 2, 4, 2 people. We got up to the front and they were looking for more seats and they didn't have any more. So we didn't watch it just went on the hunt with the map.

I wish that I had read this post earlier. I would have loved to meet up with you guys. My son and I went today, stood in line since they were already letting people in, the kept asking for 2, 4, 2 people. We got up to the front and they were looking for more seats and they didn't have any more. So we didn't watch it just went on the hunt with the map.

We would have loved to have had you join us. Hopefully next time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter