New Hotel?

gardenrooms

Mouseketeer
Is there any new word on the new hotel? I know some people were hoping a more favorable city council might be elected in November which could revive the project but I see no new news about it. Thanks.

Is there any new word on the new hotel? I know some people were hoping a more favorable city council might be elected in November which could revive the project but I see no new news about it. Thanks.
My understanding is that the project is on hold indefinitely. They are working on putting the shops & restaurants back in place.

Disney never really wanted that hotel. You could tell by the awful design. But Disney really did want the eastern gateway project and the bridge over Harbor Blvd that would have cut off the sidewalk traffic from Harbor Blvd. They don't want park goers taking their money and leaving Disney to eat. Disney now has a 5-2 majority of their people on the city council so they will get pretty much whatever they want from the city now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter