NEW Horror Make-Up Show

rocketman23

<font color = green>Zamp in the Lamp<br><font colo
I was little leary when I first learned my favorite live amusement park show was undergoing script changes a couple weeks ago. I used to love the Ghostbusters, but this new Extreme Ghostbusters was a bunch of garbage, thus causing my uneasiness toward this new show.

It was a 5 o'clock dress rehearsal today(5/26) in which I saw it. The show packed a full house, the biggest crowd I have seen for this show in awhile. First glance, it had a nice new paint job, the Fly transpoter pods were gone. Uh oh, I thought, they got rid of The Fly! The show began with the director coming on stage and explaining it's dress rehearsal status. It was on with the show. I was happy to learn they maintained the same two characters, the nervous small guy, and the loud big guy claiming to be a special guest make-up artist. His entrance was much funny then the pop gun entrance of before. I won't ruin any funny points.

From then on, it was the same basic structure of the show, but old gags were replaced by funnier new gags. For instance, the Chucky gun gag was replaced with a acid/latex gag. The biggest improvement was the clips segment. Before, it was a couple clips from a limited few films. Now, it is a more in depth look including classic monsters and even a segment on the brilliant Lon Chaney. And of course, now that the Fly pods were gone, there left room for a new last laugh. It is a rather clever trick involving a "robotic" Edgar monster(not the one from MIB). I'll let you find out what happens.

Overall, I was VERY happy with the new show. It took everything I liked from the first one, took out all the low spots, and added in some fresh material. Check out the new look next time you're there!

I should add that I saw the new Earthquake preshow, and wasn't that great. They use additional U-571 demonstartions/props along with Universal action footage. That's ok though, the Monster Make-Up Show makes up for it...

I loved this show, I was so pleasantly suprised by it..

I'm glad to hear that it is still there, and still going on....

Its definetely a must do for us... Glad to hear that they got rid of Chucky though... He creeps me out!

I hope they still take a member from the crowd and use them in the show!!!! Thats always good for a laugh!!!

I'm anxious to see the now show now, but I've often wondered about the audience participation thing. We've been to this show a number of times and the partipant seems to always be someone of asian decent and female. One starts to wonder if she's a "plant" or just coincidental based on what the performer is after. Could be just my mind, and don't get me wrong I love the show, but it just seems a bit odd. :rolleyes: It would be interesting to hear other peoples perspective on the "audience participant". :)

WDVeteran_15, the three times I have seen the show the audience member has always been of Asian descent.

Things that make you go hmmmm..... LOL

Been to the show twice, 1st time they picked an older british woman, the second time they picked a spanish speaking woman in her 40's.

Patty

I think they look for those who are sure bet tourists because of the pictures they ask their friend to take, they need them to have a camera handy which all tourists have. Hence, you would tend to see more Asian, British, Spanish volunteers. At least that's the way I see it, could be a set up though.

When I went it was a pretty redhead British woman in her early mid 30's...

SHe was picked from the lower right hand side... (right hand side from the seats, left hand side, stageview)

As someone intimately familiar with the show, the host will almost always try to find someone of Asian descent. Mostly because they're the most likely ones not to speak a word of English, as well as usually becoming more frightened more easily. It's just funnier and makes for a better show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter