New here!

cookees

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

My MIL just announced she wants to take us all to DLR in Jan 07. The kids do not know yet as we are tentative with the dates. We are scrambling to get our passports done!

My kids are 7 and 4. They are 51 and 41 inches tall. Which rides will they be excluding from riding?

I haven't been to DLR in a long time so I am not sure what some of the restrictions are!

TIA~
Kris

Hello!

Welcome to Disboards. This site is AWESOME! Congrats on the Jan 07 trip. You are going to have a blast.

Your 7 year old should be ok to go on most rides. But you have to be careful with the younger child as rides such as Soarin over Cali, BTMR, Space Mountain etc. might be a restricted ride.

Most rides such as pirates, the haunted mansion, buzz, all the fantasyland rides and the rides in "A bugs land" will be alright for the young kids because they get buddied up with the adults anyways.

Have a great time planning your trip! How fun.
Here are the Disneyland height requirements:

Disneyland® Park
35" (89 cm) or taller
Gadget's Go Coaster, presented by Sparkle®

Matterhorn Bobsleds

40" (102 cm) or taller
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Space Mountain

Splash Mountain

Star Tours

46" (117 cm) or taller
Indiana Jones™ Adventure

52" (132 cm) or taller
Autopia, presented by Chevron

Disney's California Adventure® Park
40" (102 cm) or taller
Jumpin' Jellyfish

Soarin' Over California

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™

42" (106 cm) or taller
Grizzly River Run

Mulholland Madness, presented by Alamo

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Featuring "The Magic of Brother Bear" show

Tuck and Roll's Drive'Em Buggies

48" (122 cm) or taller
California Screamin'

Orange Stinger

52" (132 cm) or taller
Maliboomer

Hi Kris.. :wave:

Not sure about the height requirement but I just wanted to welcome you to the boards. It's a great source for information and everyone is really great.
Congratualtions on your upcoming adventure!

AZMickeyfans said:
Have a great time planning your trip! How fun.
Here are the Disneyland height requirements:

Disneyland® Park
35" (89 cm) or taller
Gadget's Go Coaster, presented by Sparkle®

Matterhorn Bobsleds

40" (102 cm) or taller
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Space Mountain

Splash Mountain

Star Tours

46" (117 cm) or taller
Indiana Jones™ Adventure

52" (132 cm) or taller
Autopia, presented by Chevron

Disney's California Adventure® Park
40" (102 cm) or taller
Jumpin' Jellyfish

Soarin' Over California

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™

42" (106 cm) or taller
Grizzly River Run

Mulholland Madness, presented by Alamo

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Featuring "The Magic of Brother Bear" show

Tuck and Roll's Drive'Em Buggies

48" (122 cm) or taller
California Screamin'

Orange Stinger

52" (132 cm) or taller
Maliboomer

Thanks for the info...so these are how they are enforced...we won't get turned around at the actual rides? I have had a few people say he won't be able to go on much! But then I know of other people that have gone with younger kids...'

We are so excited...the kids are clueless...and well...is it January yet? :rotfl2:

We have been waiting since March for DS3 to turn the magical height of 40 inches (with shoes on) to ride some of the big ones. He couldnt wait to go on splash and BTMRR. Tomorrow will tell if he likes them though!

They measure little ones before you get in the queue and I've had them remeasure my son again on the Matterhorn before he got in the bobsleds because he looked so short. Luckily he was over the 36" for that ride.

AZMickeyfans said:
We have been waiting since March for DS3 to turn the magical height of 40 inches (with shoes on) to ride some of the big ones. He couldnt wait to go on splash and BTMRR. Tomorrow will tell if he likes them though!

They measure little ones before you get in the queue and I've had them remeasure my son again on the Matterhorn before he got in the bobsleds because he looked so short. Luckily he was over the 36" for that ride.

ok
that is great!!!

he is about 41.5 inches now and well...growing like crazy lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter