New here..Disney in December?

cajunrose

Earning My Ears
We are trying to book our Disney vacation for the first week in December. We normally get a 7 day pass but we usually are there in summer. We will have 4 adults and a 2.5 year old. In your opinion, will a 7 day pass be necessary or will a 5 day pass be ok. I'm thinking that it'll take less time because the crowds will be much better than in mid June right?

What are your thoughts??

Thanks
Stephenie

We are looking for advice... hoping someone can give us some. Is there anyone that can help?

CajunSis

December is a great time to go!!! We went in December 2003 and are going the first week of December this year. The parks are decorated and the weather is very nice. (usually) I would do the 7 day pass because you will not have to rush. Take your time and enjoy the parks!!! :earsboy:

We are so excited! The previous four times we have gone has been during the peak summer months (kids and school make that happen), so we were unsure of how to plan this time. We have previously gotten a 7 day pass, and were exhausted after doing those days - even with breaks in between every couple of days. I hope this year is nicer; not having heat and huge crowds should help.

Thanks again for your advice.

CajunSis

According to the disney site the price difference between a 5 day ticket and a 7 day ticket that expires was a difference of about $6 per person.
If you add the hopper feature it is about $30 to the cost. I personally would purchase the 7 day that expires, with hopper @ $231pp. Under 3 is free. I would not pay for the additional water park pass for that time of year, unless you think you will use Disney Quest, or Pleasure Island because I believe Blizzard Beach will be closed in December for refurbishment. That way if you want to only go into the park for a couple hours one day it is only $3 more per day, per person.

A fantastic website that you can sign up to be on their mailing list is mousesavers also allearsnet (odd address). They will both send either weekly or monthly information, along with discount codes and special sales for tickets through ticketmania. Seems like every month they have certain tickets on sale.. good deals..... Counting down the days for our trip at the end of Sept/Oct.

First week of December is the best time to go! Low crowds, short lines :)

With the new pricing of tickets your only talking about 5-6.00 per person to go from 5-7 days. Its well worth it!

Hi! I'm new too (well, new posting but long time lurking) and we are going to go sometime in December too. I just read about a special rate offered by a TA for the first week of December so we are thinking of going then too. I'm glad to hear it is a good week to go!

:Pinkbounc Yippy, we are going December 7-12, glad to hear its a good time to go! We can't wait!!!!! :bounce:

I will be wearing my green Mickey!!
:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: :earboy2: princess:

We were there Dec. '04. A little more crowded than usual according to park employees, because many people had rebooked their vacations that got cancelled due to the hurricanes. Weather was in the low 80's the first week but dropped off to the 60's the second.

I too would recommend the park hopper pass. Spend the day at one park (several close early due to the season or MVMCP) and hit Epcot for the Candlelight Processional or MGM for the Osborn Family lights display.

WELCOME to the DIS

Jump in anytime and join in on any forum - the more the merrier

I personally think December is a wonderful time to go. I have performed many times in the Candlelight Processional, and I truely think it's one of the most beautiful things I have seen at Disney. I am so excited, this year is the first time I'll be able to actually watch the performance!

One year, we performed in the middle of December, and then again after Chistmas. One performance was absolutely freezing, I even remember Disney serving all the choirs hot chocolate afterwards. The other, it was so HOT we were miserable that way. Can't tell you which was worse though, honestly. Def one of the times to watch the weather channel.

Have a fun trip!

Amanda and Juliette *1/2/05*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter