New French Restaurant above Chefs de France

Danny K

DIS Veteran
Does anybody have news on the new french restaurant replacing bistro de paris. Does anybody know the new name or know the new menu? Please update me with more information if you know, and also do you know when it will open again?

Well, I just got an email from Bistro de Paris telling me that the renovations are taking longer than planned and they will not be open by 12/5/12, so they shifted my ADR for that date to Chefs de France, I emailed back saying that wouldn't work, if they respond, I'll let you know.

Update - per the CM on the phone they are opening 12/7, so I switched my ADR to 12/8.

Ack... getting nervous! They keep pushing it back. We have an ADR there for the 15th. Guess I better have a plan B. Problem is the online res system won't let me book a plan B without canceling plan A. I don't think we want Les Chefs as our plan B... :scratchin

If they are opening with a new name and menu, you would think they would know the what the new name & menu will be and promote them by now??? At least the name... Seems weird that they are still booking under the name Bistro De Paris for future dates if the name will be changing. They should also finalize and publicize the menu so those of us with ressies there will know what to expect... yes, I am a planner and would like to scope out the menu before stepping foot in the restaurant if possible :).

wow. im pretty excited too see what the place will look like! and a new name to boot? interesting.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

If they are opening with a new name and menu, you would think they would know the what the new name & menu will be and promote them by now??? At least the name... Seems weird that they are still booking under the name Bistro De Paris for future dates if the name will be changing. They should also finalize and publicize the menu so those of us with ressies there will know what to expect... yes, I am a planner and would like to scope out the menu before stepping foot in the restaurant if possible :).

I agree! I don't want to make a ressie and have no clue what I might be eating. Seems most WDW restaurants don't offer a ton of different entree choices, so I'd like to know if they'll have anything I'll be interested in!

SignMeUp said:
Ack... getting nervous! They keep pushing it back. We have an ADR there for the 15th. Guess I better have a plan B. Problem is the online res system won't let me book a plan B without canceling plan A. I don't think we want Les Chefs as our plan B... :scratchin

Just saw this, but you can use a different email to book a Plan B just in case.

Well, I just got an email from Bistro de Paris telling me that the renovations are taking longer than planned and they will not be open by 12/5/12, so they shifted my ADR for that date to Chefs de France, I emailed back saying that wouldn't work, if they respond, I'll let you know.

Update - per the CM on the phone they are opening 12/7, so I switched my ADR to 12/8.

Just checked the online res system and there is no availability showing for Bistro De Paris until 12/10. Does anyone know if this has been pushed back yet again? :confused3

Just checked the online res system and there is no availability showing for Bistro De Paris until 12/10. Does anyone know if this has been pushed back yet again? :confused3

DH made reservations for 12/7 quite a while ago - long before they announced the changes. So far, we haven't gotten an email to reschedule. We're leaving on the Fantasy on the 8th, so it's the 7th or nothing for us.

Kathy

DH made reservations for 12/7 quite a while ago - long before they announced the changes. So far, we haven't gotten an email to reschedule. We're leaving on the Fantasy on the 8th, so it's the 7th or nothing for us.

Kathy

DH just called WDW Dining, who had the Bistro reopening on 12/10. The cast member then checked and saw a lot of reservations for 12/7-12/9 still sitting there, so she asked someone what was going on. The answer was that they expect to be open by 12/7.

So, I'd keep my fingers crossed, but make backup plans. That's what we'll do.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter