New foodie and snack options at both DCA/DL over the last year?

CableKC

DIS Veteran
I was browsing the DL Foodie YouTube channels and noticed that both DL and DCA are offering new Lunch/Dinner/Snack options that wasn't there before. Most of it can probably be attributed to the new Pixar Pier ( which we haven't gone to yet ) or changes to restaurants in the last year. The one thing that DW and I love to enjoy is trying the different food options at DL and DCA. I definitely plan to go to Pixar Pier and try out the revamped Lamplight Lounge ( formerly known as Ariel's Grotto ) and try out whatever SWL Restaurant options will be available ( we should have SWL Reservations as part of our PP Vacation Package in Mid-June ).

But I'm wondering what other new menu items has been introduced to both DL and DCA over the last year.

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on any new foodie menu options that has popped up in the last year?

NOTE - This shouldn't include any menu items that are seasonal and part of any special events ( like the Food and Wine Festival or the Lunar New Year Celebration ) since those menu and food options won't likely be there when we visit in Mid-June.

The Tropical Hideaway opened up in Adventureland. We tried the Vegetable Bao Bun and Beef Bao bun. As well and the Sweet Lumpia. All were really good.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...-disneylands-newest-hangout-in-adventureland/
Thanks, I will definitely try that. I never knew what DL was doing to that area next to Jungle Cruise and now I know that it's the Tropical Hideaway. I will definitely go there to try that out. DW always wants her DoleWhip Float and will definitely want that DoleWhip Dessert there.

Thanks, I will definitely try that. I never knew what DL was doing to that area next to Jungle Cruise and now I know that it's the Tropical Hideaway. I will definitely go there to try that out. DW always wants her DoleWhip Float and will definitely want that DoleWhip Dessert there.

When we went on Dec 28th we went early and there was no line-ups at all for the food. Then after we ate we wanted to go back in line for the dole whips and then there was a line-up for the dole whips. So my advise is to go early.

When we went on Dec 28th we went early and there was no line-ups at all for the food. Then after we ate we wanted to go back in line for the dole whips and then there was a line-up for the dole whips. So my advise is to go early.
Thanks, I will consider that. Maybe try the Steamed Buns for a mid-morning breakfast then the Dole Whip. I'm looking forward to trying the different flavors of the Dole Whip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter