New Fantasyland Touring Question w/GAC

jeremeyp

Mouseketeer
My family will be going to Disney World from 12/16/12 to 12/21/12. We will be at MK on 12/19/12 to see Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes.

My son is 6 years old and has Down syndrome. We get a GAC that allows us to use his stroller as a wheelchair. When we went two years ago it was invaluable. I've been doing a lot of research regarding touring, especially in Fantasyland, since it will be pretty busy the day we are there.

Most of what I have read is to make sure you get Fastpasses for Peter Pan's Flight first. However, if I recall correctly, this was a ride we got on pretty quickly with the GAC. Do you think we should get Fastpasses for Little Mermaid instead, and just go in the line for Peter Pan?

We will also be hitting all of the regulars (Belle, Goofy, Dumbo, Pooh, etc). We will be spending ALL morning, from RD, in Fantasyland and eating at Be Our Guest for lunch. We will probably be going back to MK the following day when it's a lot less busy, too.

Thanks for your thoughts!

First off, all the New Fantasyland attractions have lines that are wheelchair accessible - the regular entrance is listed as the 'Mobility Entrance' for all of them. So, he old be able to stay in the stroller in the regular line until boarding.

Peter Pan is not accessible thru the regular line, so you will need to go in the marked handicapped entrance for that. How long you will wait will depend mainly on how many other guests are waiting in that area. I would agree with getting a Fastpass for Little Mermaid. Because it is newer than Peter Pan, it will have more people wanting to get on - but keep in mind that Little Mermaid is a continually loading ride that can handle many more people per hour than Peter Pan.
Little Mermaid loads guests with Disabilties at the exit, but the 'pull off' point is close to where other guests load.

Dumbo is still slow loading, but with 2 Dumbos, has speeded up a lot.

First off, all the New Fantasyland attractions have lines that are wheelchair accessible - the regular entrance is listed as the 'Mobility Entrance' for all of them. So, he old be able to stay in the stroller in the regular line until boarding.

Peter Pan is not accessible thru the regular line, so you will need to go in the marked handicapped entrance for that. How long you will wait will depend mainly on how many other guests are waiting in that area. I would agree with getting a Fastpass for Little Mermaid. Because it is newer than Peter Pan, it will have more people wanting to get on - but keep in mind that Little Mermaid is a continually loading ride that can handle many more people per hour than Peter Pan.
Little Mermaid loads guests with Disabilties at the exit, but the 'pull off' point is close to where other guests load.

Dumbo is still slow loading, but with 2 Dumbos, has speeded up a lot.

Thank you! That is exactly the information I was looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter