New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received clarification this weekend, regarding last bus out. The last departure will occur at park closing, if that particular route is scheduled on the hour and half-hour. If the normal departure on a route is scheduled at any other times, then the last bus on a route will be the first departure after park closing.

So, if a park closes at 8:00 p.m., and the route is scheduled at 7:50 p.m. and at 8:20 p.m., the 8:20 will be the last bus out from the park on that route.

Thank you!

My husband saw the soft opening (granted, there might be some differences between this and the re-tooled actual show) on Sunday and he texted me that it was finished at 7:32pm (started at 7:15). Since the Express Buses are back there as well and you won't be stuck with the crowd trying to exit, I would agree you would have well more than enough time to make an 8pm bus.

Does this bus as well go from AK to Epcot? The night we have FP for ROL is also Epcots EMH, so we are planning on heading over to Epcot after ROL. I am not very familiar with the busses and how they run between parks. Thank you in advance.

Does this bus as well go from AK to Epcot? The night we have FP for ROL is also Epcots EMH, so we are planning on heading over to Epcot after ROL. I am not very familiar with the busses and how they run between parks. Thank you in advance.

Yes, you're in the right thread! For times, see Post 1135 on page 57, copied here:
here is the chart I made - the times work no matter which way you are going between those 2 parks (edited to add these are the times the bus leaves - you should be at the kiosk to check in 5 minutes before that)

MK - EP 10/40
MK - DHS 20/50
MK - AK 0/30

EP - MK 10/40
EP - DHS 0/30
EP - AK 20/50

DHS - MK 20/50
DHS EP 0/30
DHS - AK 10/40

AK - MK 0/30
AK - EP 20/50
AK - DHS 10/40

yes, I know I could have typed out less but for me this type of chart is easiest to read. We were down from 1/17 - 1/24 and the times were correct every time we used them (most days we did 3 parks per day) We did not use the Express Buses the last day (day 8) or the 2nd to last day due to foolish decision making not to use it - not smart boy did we miss it :-)

My husband saw the soft opening (granted, there might be some differences between this and the re-tooled actual show) on Sunday and he texted me that it was finished at 7:32pm (started at 7:15). Since the Express Buses are back there as well and you won't be stuck with the crowd trying to exit, I would agree you would have well more than enough time to make an 8pm bus.
The bus pick up is not near RoL stadium, it's near the Safari. Still doable

It goes to every park from every park

The bus pick up is not near RoL stadium, it's near the Safari. Still doable
Right - I was just trying to say you wouldn't be moving with the masses trying to get to/through Discovery Island and out the gate. Especially if you were on the FP side of the stadium, it's not a long walk to the safari/bus area. Much quicker than trying to get to a normal resort bus at least!

So what are people's thoughts on the longevity of this service? My wife and I have park hoppers for our early December 2017 trip and something like this would be perfect for how we are planning our trip. Plus $24 for something like this seems like a steal.

Hopefully they don't raise the price by the time we are there in December!!!

does anyone know how ling each leg takes from park to park? we are trying to plan a 4 park day and was curious if anyone had timed the journeys?

does anyone know how ling each leg takes from park to park? we are trying to plan a 4 park day and was curious if anyone had timed the journeys?

Longest route is DAK<>MK.

Figure 18-22 minutes, once your bus is loaded and underway.

WDW-Prop_050312.jpg

Last edited:
We'll be there 6/2-6/13 and I'll continue to stalk this thread as more info keeps coming. With us being there SO soon after the Pandora opening, I'm afraid I have burning questions that I know truly can't be answered until then. But, with such a limited time to hear from others after the opening/before we're there, I thought I'd pre-ask (lol). Just in case any locals who utilize this frequently, or anyone going before us hears anything from the CM's bus drivers etc? With Pandora & esp if AK remains the park staying open the latest each night (I assume yes), I wonder if they'll be prepared if there's a bigger influx of people using this? And how quickly/easily will people feel this service got them to AK from other park's closings during the crowd @ that time. While we'd use in other ways (hoping its around then), this is the scenerio we'd utilize the most.

We'll be there 6/2-6/13 and I'll continue to stalk this thread as more info keeps coming. With us being there SO soon after the Pandora opening, I'm afraid I have burning questions that I know truly can't be answered until then. But, with such a limited time to hear from others after the opening/before we're there, I thought I'd pre-ask (lol). Just in case any locals who utilize this frequently, or anyone going before us hears anything from the CM's bus drivers etc? With Pandora & esp if AK remains the park staying open the latest each night (I assume yes), I wonder if they'll be prepared if there's a bigger influx of people using this? And how quickly/easily will people feel this service got them to AK from other park's closings during the crowd @ that time. While we'd use in other ways (hoping its around then), this is the scenerio we'd utilize the most.

Excellent questions, I'll be there at the same time as you. Perhaps we will share a bus ride. The nice thing about buses is that you can always add more if it gets busy. Will they? Who knows but the certainly can.

Cost increase today! Not big, but now $19 for one day and $29 for a week.
No notice of increase, but par for the course with Disney. The ridership has sometimes still been low...on some trips, there are no riders, at all. They will need to set a rate that is somewhere between being acceptable in guests' minds, and where it's no longer a reasonable cost for a service that is a nice perk, but not necessary.

Perhaps they need to set seasonal rates, much like the one-day park passes, or offer more options than just a one-day pass and a seven-day pass. Using the pass for all seven days is still a fair price for the service, but there is a huge per-day cost difference for someone only using it for two days.

Disney website has a notice about different operating hours on 02/26/2017:

"Please note that on February 26, 2017, Express Transportation service will only be available from 1:00 PM to 1:00 AM. The service will then return to its normal operating hours beginning February 27, 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Last edited:
Disney website has a notice about different operating hours on 02/26/2017:

"Please note that on February 26, 2017, Express Transportation service will only be available from 1:00 PM to 1:00 AM. The service will then return to its normal operating hours beginning February 27, 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

That's almost certainly due to the Princess half marathon that day. They did the same with the marathon days in January. Too many roads blocked for the runs for them to efficiently run the buses.

As the saying goes, no publicity is bad publicity. New people will hear about the service from the stores being written about the minor price hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter