New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be bus service after park closing to a park that is still open
So from Fantasmic I could come back to epcot even though s would be technically close
Thank you so much for asking about this! I'm so happy that they've added this shuttle service. It sounds amazing and will save us so much time during Christmas break!!:)

Thank you so much for checking it all out today and reporting back to us! You rock!!!

Question regarding security.....

You go through security when entering your first park of the day. When you hopped from EP to AK today, did you have to go through any sort of security check when you arrived at AK?

Question regarding security.....

You go through security when entering your first park of the day. When you hopped from EP to AK today, did you have to go through any sort of security check when you arrived at AK?
No security checks for the Express Bus passengers. That's the major perk of the service: expedited entrance to the new park.

This service doesn't benefit you unless you are planning to hop park to park. So no loss to you.

Thanks. I know it wasn't a loss but hoping to pay for a "gain" lol

gggrrrr :)

I forgot I'm going to mk next, so from ak to mk the bus is on the hour and 30. So waiting till 2pm
Manager on this one says that for now that have one bus from ak to each of the parks but they will have buses on standby when it gets busier. I asked and once again was told that they are not pulling buses out of the regular routes

I forgot I'm going to mk next, so from ak to mk the bus is on the hour and 30. So waiting till 2pm

I'm curious how much time you think you're saving on this trip (from AK to MK) vs. had you needed to exit the park and get the regular bus over to the MK and go through the security check? That's if you assume the time you spend waiting for the bus once you're at the stop is the same I guess...lol

Did you ask if this can be purchased at Guest Services at the hotels? I'll buy it tomorrow night so I'm ready for Saturday if so!

Thanks a million for doing this - great report!!!!

While you do go backstage, you don't see any real backstage magic, like the characters in partial uniform or anything correct?(or at least not as of yet). Do you encounter any staff not directly involved with the transport process?

Are you guaranteed a seat on the bus? I apologize if I missed the answer to this question.

Thanks so much for all the great info so far.

While you do go backstage, you don't see any real backstage magic, like the characters in partial uniform or anything correct?(or at least not as of yet). Do you encounter any staff not directly involved with the transport process?
No fur or face characters, i did encounter cms coming and going for their breaks and the african name of performers.

Are you guaranteed a seat on the bus? I apologize if I missed the answer to this question.

As of now is not all that we'll known, but I'll ask if when it gets busy, everyone will get a seat or they will have another bus so you get a seat

Believe it or not, even taking several backstage tours didn't show any real backstage magic, until we got inside a building (like the costuming shop or down in the utilidors). The times we were moving from building to building or from bus to building, you can't see anything significant. That's really why I don't see that this is going to spoil anything

Coming in and out of ak we took Western Way for those using Google maps, this street is deserted most of the time so not dealing with tourist traffic at all

Believe it or not, even taking several backstage tours didn't show any real backstage magic, until we got inside a building (like the costuming shop or down in the utilidors). The times we were moving from building to building or from bus to building, you can't see anything significant. That's really why I don't see that this is going to spoil anything
Same thing with running backstage at runDisney races. You see backsides of buildings and what not.

my motivation for the question is for younger kids. I don't want to ruin the magic. Seeing backstage is OK in my opinion, but not folks out of character. I suspect these spots have been used for a long time, and while not front and center on stage, they are not truly back stage.

Same thing with running backstage at runDisney races. You see backsides of buildings and what not.
Exactly, you would see the backstage areas in use for this of you've done any raves that come through mk and epcot

I asked, they will fill the bus the same way they do regular buses, so if it's packed you might be standing up. They will have another bus if the first one fills to the capacity alloted

my motivation for the question is for younger kids. I don't want to ruin the magic. Seeing backstage is OK in my opinion, but not folks out of character. I suspect these spots have been used for a long time, and while not front and center on stage, they are not truly back stage.
What do you call "folks out of character"?
If that means a fur or face character, no.
If you mean a CM that is off duty and as such (which is technically out of character), maybe not ready for "show", yes, possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter